My Fake Relationship (Chapter Thirty-One) FINAL ENDING

I knew there wasn't much of high school left, with the days literally just falling away but I found myself enjoying every part of it. Most people seemed to finally be over the fact that Ringo and I were together, and I noticed more and more people were being nicer to Tim. 

Everyone knew more of the truth now, what Tim had gone through and why he had been so scared to come out. There was this LGBTQ group in the school, made up for two people, but they had come out to support him and remind everyone it wasn't easy to come out and judgement was scary.

As for me, well things were great. I don't think Ringo and I could be more in love that we were right now, and my heart only became fuller when I saw Harry and Hayley together just as happy. Harry had really started embracing the boyfriend role, and had pulled out the big guns to ask Hayley out to the prom. He had me out balloons and confetti in her locker and got some boys from the team help him jump out with a sign. It was romantic, and big and lovely, but it was so not something I wanted. I didn't need the grand gesture like Hayley liked, it was a bit much for me.

"Did you see Harry's sign he made for Hayley?"

It was lunch time and Ringo and I were sitting outside on the grass together. I was sitting in Ringo's arms as he sat behind me. I had my head on his chest and I was way too comfortable for someone at school.

"Yeah, I sure did," I smiled slightly. "Hayley has already showed me the twenty million photos she took too...even though I was there."

Ringo laughed at that. "I helped him with it, you know? He kept going on how important this was. That he wanted to make a statement that he is her's."

"She needed that," I nodded. "She cares about Harry a lot but she's definitely worried he could slip back into old habits. It's the tiniest bit of doubt, but reassurance is nice too."

"Do you need that?" Ringo asked me.

"Need what? Reassurance?" I frowned, titling my head slightly to look at him. "Why would I need that?"

"I don't know," Ringo shrugged innocently. "I guess, not reassurance, but a big grand gesture for everyone to see to remind them you're my girlfriend."

"Ringo," I sighed slightly. "No, I don't. I had big gestures, you know that, and I don't need to remind the whole school your mine. I just need you to show me, which you do."

"Well, I didn't ask you to prom or anything, and it's next week," Ringo pointed out.

I shrugged. "I just presumed we'd go together. Is that okay?"

"Well, of course it's okay. I want nothing more than to go with you," Ringo smiled.

"It's settled then," I said comfortably. "Oh, and I'm wearing blue."

"Ah, nice to know," Ringo added. "Oh, and speaking of the love birds..."

Ringo gestured his head towards Hayley and Harry as the walked hand in hand, walking right towards us. They had the biggest grins on their faces, which I realised had kind of become permanent for them.

"Well, hello," Hayley nearly sung, sitting down in front of us. "How are you two on this glorious day?"

"Probably just as happy with as you," I assured her, almost rolling my eyes. 

"Good," she nodded. "So Harry and I had this idea that we could rent a limo and you guys could come with us, and Tim and Matt as well."

"Are...are they going?" I wondered. "I mean, I know no one seems to malicious towards him but it can't be easy being a same-sex couple at a high school prom."