My fake relationship (Chapter One)

Tim sat on my bed, fiddling with his fingers. He didn't look up at me, forcing me to stare at his curly bleached blonde hair. I leaned back in my chair and started playing with my own short blonde hair. He was never going to say anything; he'd been sitting there for twenty minutes now, barely moving, only his shoulders shifting as he breathed. 

"Nina."
I looked at him now, directly in the eye. God, finally. 
"Yes, Tim?" I said calmly. 
"I have something to tell you, and I know I can trust you not to tell anyone else, right?" he asked me. 
I gave him a sweet look and nodded. "Of course you can, you know that." 
"I mean absolutely no one, Nins, not even Hayley," he stressed. 
"Okay, Tim. I won't tell anyone, not even our best friend Hayley, happy?" I asked, groaning slightly. 

He nodded, but then looked back down. "I... Nina, I've been meaning to tell you... I'm... ar, um, gay."
He looked up to see my reaction, but I kept a straight face. At this point in time it wasn't what I expected him to admit to me, but it wasn't as surprising as one might think. 

"Nina?" he asked when I didn't answer. "Are you okay?" 

"Yeah," I responded quickly. 

"So you're not... mad, or anything?" he asked cautiously. 

"No! God, no, why would I be mad at you, Tim?" I asked him, slightly confused. 

"I just thought... you know..." he shrugged. 

"I have nothing against gays," I told him plainly. "You know that." 

"So, you're not even surprised?"  

"No... well I'm mean, I've kind of had my suspicions you were gay since we were about... eleven," I said, with a small smile to top it off. 

"So you reckon you've known for six years? And you didn't mention anything to me about this?" he asked, almost getting angry. 

"Well, I couldn't just straight out ask you if you were gay, could I?"  

"No, I guess not."

It was true, I had known Tim my whole life, actually to be honest with you, I'd known him longer considering I was about an hour older than him. That's how we meet, well how our parents meet. Our mother's meet in some group at the hospital, and all the women were due to give birth in like the same two weeks or something, and well our mother's just kept in touch, and eventually Tim and I had formed a strong relationship. That's why I wasn't surprised he had told me either. We knew a lot of things about each other, we were that close.  

"Have you told anyone else?" I asked him. 

He shook his head. "I don't know who else to tell, I can't tell my parents though. You know how anti-gay they are." 

"Well, what about Hayley? She'll understand," I said. 

"With Hayley there is always the risk she'll blurt it out to the whole school," Tim said. 

"I know she does have a big mouth and all... but with something as big as this I'm sure she'll manage to keep it a secret," I defended her. 

"Maybe," Tim shrugged. "I might tell Aunt Christi."

I knew why he would considering telling his Aunt, she might be the only one in his family who would understand. He lived with her, which is weird considering Tim's parents were still around in every way they could be .They just didn't live in this country, they lived in England. A while back they were running a bit low on money and Tim's father got offered a job, and the pay was good, really good, in fact, but Tim didn't want to leave, but he had to because his parents couldn't afford the amount of money they had to pay to keep him in school. Luckily at the last minute his Aunt offered to help pay and keep him here, so he got to stay and since his parents weren't here anymore he lived with his aunt.