My Fake Relationship (Chapter Sixteen)

I sat at the end of Ringo's bed, leaning on the frame and just sighed. No I'm not just here to make out with him and such, like I normally would, or like I'd really wanted to. No, today I was here to do homework, which sucked beyond measure, but it also had to be done. Apparently we both cared about getting good grades.

Ringo walked back into the room after getting some water and then sat down next to me. I didn't really move and Ringo noticed my... coldness. He put his hand on my knee and I looked over at him.

"Are you okay?" he asked me.

"I'm fine," I shrugged.

Actually, I wasn't okay. Tim's stupid ideas about Ringo and his stupid man crush had snaked its way into my head and I couldn't forget about it. I shouldn't say anything to Ringo but he knew something was up with me.

He took his hand off my knee and put it around me. He kissed the side of my head and with his free hand grabbed hold of one of my hands. We kind of fiddled with each other's fingers for the moment and I smiled slightly. There was no way Ringo was gay... I mean they way he is now around me was so natural and geniune. Seriously, if Ringo was gay and was just dating me because of that then that would seriously make no sense because no one was around to see that he was straight. He is straight!

"Nina?" Ringo muttered.

I looked up at him and kissed him quickly. He seemed surprised but obviously found the energy to kiss me back. When I pulled away the look on Ringo's face made me smile.

"So you are okay?" he said slowly.

"Perfectly fine," I nodded.

I walked into school the next day to see Tim standing near his locker, which wasn't really far from mine. I could tell he was waiting for me though, by the way he just leaned against them, staring into space. I took a breath and walked straight past him. I didn't let him get to me yesterday. I wouldn't let me him get to me again today. I walked straight past him and to my locker.

"Nina!"

I jumped and spun around to see Hayley. I glanced back to where Tim was and saw him just roll his eyes and walk away. Guess he got the message.

"Are you trying to make me have a heart attack?" I asked her.

"No... that would be funny, but no. No, I'm here about one of my plans," she said.

"Plan, plan for what?" I asked confused.

"To play Ebony's stupid game," she said.

"Oh, right, I completely forgot about that," I said slowly.

"You seem to forget everything lately since you've been going out with Ringo," Hayley said, poking me sightly 

"Gosh, any louder, Hayley and the whole school will hear," I said, flinching back from her.

"Don't be paranoid, Nina. Look focus on this Ebony thing... if you don't make a move soon she will, and the good news is... I got Harry to help," Hayley smiled.

"You go Harry involved?" I asked.

"Well, it was him or Ringo, and since Harry's already slept with Ebony, he's more than willing to help," Hayley explained.

"Okay, so what did you have in mind?" I asked her.

She smiled and walked over to the notice board and pulled a flier off it, ripping the top of it at the same time.

"This," she held it up to me

I took it from her and stared at it blankly.

"Prom?" I asked confused.