My Fake Relationship (Chapter Twenty Six)

I lent against my locker and sighed heavily as I realised I had been waiting for a while. Ringo was at football practice and I was going to go watch him, because then he was going to drop me home, where I would face my parents for the first time in weeks. I however had been  waiting for Hayley, who had texted me nearly twenty minutes ago to meet her before going to training. I had barely seen her all day and her text said she had something important to tell me. 

"Hey, you're here."

 I turned to see Hayley and I lifted myself off the lockers.

"You took long enough," I groaned, "let's go."

"I know how much you want to send your last precious moments with your boyfriend before your parents totally just put a knife in it, but we need to talk quickly," Hayley told me, as we watched.

I sighed. "What about exactly? Hey.... what a second, is that... my... shirt? How did you get that? Were you at my house yesterday? What were you doing there...unless...?"

"Oh shhhh," she said gently.

"You went to see my brother, didn't you? And you two would've been alone," I was joking slightly, until I realised Hayley was keeping a straight face. "Oh my God, you slept with my brother!"

"I know... I know I did, can you keep it down?" Hayley said, a little annoyed now as we stopped walking. "That's what I wanted to talk about."

"Are... you two together?" I stuttered a little.

Hayley nodded. "He said he wants to, and I mean at first I thought it was only because you know your dating his best friend, so it won't be a problem to date yours, but he said... that he had liked me... he just didn't think I liked him back."

"And why would he think that? You're crazy about him, I don't know how he didn't notice," I muttered.

"Well... I started to give him the cold shoulder when you told me to back off," Hayley explained sheepishly.

"Oh," I mouthed, "this is my fault... course."

"No, no it's not, I don't have any regrets about helping you, and I mean, things have turned out quite well for us in the end," Hayley pointed out.

"I guess," I muttered.

"Let's talk about it later? Okay? I kinda wanna see my new boyfriend in action on the field," Hayley said.

I rolled my eyes but nodded.

Thankfully all the talking and the waiting around for Hayley, had wasted enough time that training didn't go on for very long. Hayley disappeared off with Harry the moment training ended. Guess she didn't want to waist a minute without him. I waited by Ringo's car alone until we changed and appeared to drive me home . He drove and we talked about the whole Hayley and Harry thing until it became a bit weird to talk about it. It was his best friend and mine I guess.

"Do you know what the date is today?" he asked me.

I frowned. "The twenty-seventh?"
"It is, do you know what that means?" he said, glancing at me.

I turned slightly in my seat, to sit at a different angle and look at him. "I know it means... something... I know.... I know that... oh my god, it's the date we kissed, isn't it?"

I saw him nod and I sighed.

"We haven't really done any of that couple stuff, have we? Anniversaries," I muttered.

"No, guess we haven't," Ringo agreed.

"How long has it been now?" I asked him softly.

He breathed heavily. "Five months."