My Fake Relationship (Chapter Seven)

I wasn't in a very good position, and I didn't mean that I had put myself into a bad situation. I meant, the way I had ended up sleeping was not a very good position to lie in all night. I was sore in my arms, my legs... oh, God and my head, but that part wasn't from the way I was sleeping.

I slowly opened my eyes and that's when I became really confused. I was in a car? I came with Harry, didn't I? I definitely wasn't in Harry's car though. I think... I think I'm in-. 

"Nina?" 

I jumped violently, frightened by the voice and turned to my right to see Ringo. I let out a deep sigh. Yep, I was in Ringo's car, and I hadn't even noticed the window completely open.

"Sorry," he apologised quickly. 

"It's okay," I said. "How..." 

"How did you get into my car?" he finished for me. 

"Yeah," I nodded, but stopped because it hurt my head. I drank way too much last night. 

"When it got to the point that you could barely walk I tried to get you out of there, and it turns out even when you're drunk you think of your friends. You asked where Hayley and Tim were, and I found them... they were about as smashed as you and then got you all into my car," Ringo explained.

I gave him a look but then turned around to the backseat to see Hayley and Tim asleep. Tim was resting on Hayley's lap and Hayley was leaning against the window. I smiled slightly and turned back to Ringo. 

"Why are we at the diner though?" I asked. When I turned back I noticed the other cars, and the familiar car park of the local diner.

"Well... if the police caught me I'd probably be fined because I had enough alcohol in me, so I came here and fell asleep," he said. 

"Oh," I breathed. "That makes a lot more sense." 

"Are you okay? You're not going to vomit are you?" he asked, looking at my face. 

"No," I shook my head, but I stopped again. "I just have a massive hangover. You'd be surprised how I much alcohol I have to drink before I decide I need to throw up." 

He laughed and glanced back at Hayley and Tim. "They're not waking up anytime soon... do you want to get some breakfast?" 

"I could go for breakfast," I said.

Ringo actually helped me out of the car because the hangover made everything hurt just a bit more than it actually did. We went inside and found a table, allowing me to collapse in the chair immediately. It was only seconds later before the waitress came over asking what we wanted. Ringo got a big breakfast, the works, and I was about to get the same, but then decided on a coffee. I needed anything to get me through the day, and my stomach still felt like it was all over the place, there was no grantee I'd keep the food down.

When we got our food, and in my case, coffee Ringo started up conversation. 

"You're a funny drunk, you know that?" he asked with a small smile. 

"Yeah... I've been told that before," I muttered. 

"That... and you have the tendency to... mouth off a bit," he said. 

I paused and put the coffee down. I had been really enjoying the warm taste of the coffee up until that comment. "Oh, God, what did I do?" 

I didn't remember anything. I remember promising Ringo he could make sure I didn't do anything stupid, and then drinking a whole lot more, and then it's generally black. 

"It was nothing embarrassing in front of everyone else," he promised. "Although you did think you could fly down the stairs for a couple of minutes."