My Fake Relationship (Chapter Twenty Three)

"Wow."

I spun around from the mirror I had been looking at, to see Ringo standing  in the door way and he surprised me. He was wearing a suit, and he looked sharp. He looked... handsome and so smart in his tie. I couldn't help but smile.

"Wow to you too," I said.

"I haven't seen that dress before," Ringo smiled, taking a step forward.

"Hayley gave it to me. She didn't think it was such a good idea to show up in the same I dress I wore in front of your parents last time," I explained, looking down at myself awkwardly and flattening my dress.

"Can I say I like this one better?" Ringo asked, taking another step.

I rolled my eyes and turned back around to face the mirror. "You just like it because it's tighter. All of Hayley's dresses were tight."

Ringo laughed a little as he took a final step that now meant he was right up behind me. I tilted my head up slightly to see Ringo was looking at me and our met. His eyes looked me up and down and then he ran his hands down my side, over my hips and then back up. I felt shivers, good shivers though. He brought up his hand and then moved my hair away from my neck. He looked down at my neck and then slowly moved his head down and I looked back down at the ground, shutting my eyes. I eventually felt his lips slowly press against the skin of my neck. I let my eyes shut as he slowly kissed my, starting in one spot and moving ever so slightly around my neck. It felt good... I felt good. It felt right.

"Ringo," I whispered.

He suddenly stopped and I opened my eyes slowly. Ringo looked at me and swallowed.

"Sorry," he whispered.

"No, no, don't be sorry," I said, turning around and putting my hands on his chest. "I liked that....I just don't think we have enough time to go through all of that right now."

He smiled and moved my hair back from my face. "You're serious?"

"Of course I am," I nodded and then bit my lip. "When I said I wanted...this to happen, Ringo, I meant it. I didn't realise how ready I was until we had that conversation."

Ringo looked down, maybe to hid this little smile he had and then he looked up into my eyes. "I want it...to be perfect for you, for us."

"Something tells me...it will be. No matter where or when," I assured him, straightening out his suit jacket. "We have to go though, otherwise we're going to be late, and I'm not keen on giving your parents another reason not to like me."

Ringo chuckled a little and then planted a kiss on my forehead. "Let's go then."

Xavier was impatiently waiting for us downstairs as the car to take us there had already been waiting for ten minutes. Whilst I was worried about being late, like Xavier was, I was more worried about seeing  Ringo's parents again. We got off on a pretty bad foot the first time, and now, well I needed to make a good impression.

We took the car that his parents insisted we take, a business car I believe. I heard Xavier talking on the phone before, and it sounded a little like they were arguing about the fact that I was coming along tonight. It only made me more nervous.

We ended up at some fancy place in some part of town that I had never been before, because well...everything there was too expensive for me. There were cars everywhere and people, lots of people. Once I was out of the car, I stood in front of the door, and felt myself start to shake a little. I was nervous, of course I was. Ringo was suddenly beside me and his hand slipped into mine, letting his fingers glide between mine.