My Fake Relationship (Chapter Twenty One)

Ringo and I just drove around the streets, to anywhere we thought could help find him. Hayley decided to stay with Harry and talk to him and he was willing to hear her out.  I didn't say much to Ringo, just named places to go to look for Tim. We seriously couldn't find him anywhere  and I tried everywhere I could think of. The diner, the park, the place him and Matt would hang out... everything, but it was like he had literally vanished.

"Nina," Ringo sighed.

I glanced at him, but turned my head back away quickly. I knew that sigh meant he wanted to talk about what had just happened, what we had been ignoring.

"I don't want to hear it, Ringo," I muttered.

"I know it's confusing to you, Nina, and he didn't mean to hit you," Ringo said quickly.

"Going to defend him now, are you?" I asked him.

"No. Nina, it's just... he's angry at me because I'm with his sister, his little sister who he tries hard to protect. As his best friend I'm meant to help, not be someone he needs to protect you from," Ringo tried to explain.

"But that's stupid," I said. "That doesn't explain why you told him to hit you."

Ringo shrugged. "To prove to himself that he can protect you from me. He was pretty pissed at me too, and I can handle a punch."

"That's just as stupid," I sulked a little, crossing my arms over my chest.

"I know, Nina, and I'm sorry," he told me.

I sighed and ran my fingers through my hair.

"It doesn't matter anyway," I said, putting my feet up on the chair and curling up. "He hates me. My brother hates me."

"That's not true," Ringo said immediately. "He just needs time."

"I hope so," I whispered.

Hayley's P.O.V

Harry sat at one of the stools near the kitchen bench. He held his head in his hands and didn't say anything to me. He knew I was there, and I thought maybe he'd yell at me, and I was clearly giving him the chance to, but he didn't move.

"I hit Nina," he whispered suddenly.

"You didn't mean to, she knows that," I said quickly. I sighed before I spoke. Of course that was what was on his mind, not me.

Harry shook his head and looked up at me. "That's not the point, Hayley. What the hell is going on with me? I hit my best friend and then somehow, my sister."

"You're mad," I pointed out. "It's understandable."

He shook his head again and I found myself staring at him, surprised to see him so emotional. I had seen him upset before, but never so distraught. As I stared at him though, I noticed a new feature growing on his cheek. It was starting to swell and bruise from Ringo's fist. I sighed and walked over to the freezer and pulled out some ice cubes and then got a dishcloth and placed the ice in it. I screwed it up and walked back over to Harry. He seemed unaware of what I was doing until I placed the ice on his cheek.

He flinched slightly glancing at me. He still looked rather disappointed in himself but my sudden medical attention seemed to snap him out of it slightly.

"Thanks," he muttered.

"Least I could do," I answered simply.

I let Harry hold the ice and I backed away slightly and when I looked at him again I found him staring at me.