My Fake Relationship (Chapter Twelve)

I may have lost the first round with Ebony, but I wouldn't loss the second, or that's what I had decided to tell myself anyway. I didn't have anything planned to get her back, but Hayley offered to take over, and that was fine with me, especially since I had other things to worry about. For example, Tim.

Since the whole Matt, gay bar thing he hadn't talked to me... so that was about two weeks ago, which I'll admit is very impressive considering we're meant to be dating, but besides Harry and Ringo, no one had noticed. I know that Tim was still dating Matt secretly, well according to Ringo anyway. Actually, even after that moment in the closet with Ringo, I think he was avoiding me too.

So I had the most boring two weeks of my life because barely anyone was talking to me. I spent my afternoons at home doing nothing. Today, I was doing homework, which I had to do every day, but today it almost seemed enjoyable, as it was something to do. This had become my world for the last two weeks. I was however brought back to reality when my phone went off, making me jump. I forgot people knew how to contact me.

"Hello?" I asked, answering it quickly.

"Hey, Nina, where are you?" Hayley breathed into the phone.

"I'm at home, why? What's wrong?" I questioned.

"I went to see Tim, but he wasn't home... and it was only once I got there did I realise he was out on a date with Matt, I forgot he had mention it... and when his parents asked where he was, I accidentally told them he was at the restaurant in my panic, and then I tried to clear it up and I ended up saying he was with you" Hayley said, so fast it was amazing I understood any of it.

"Okay... Hayley, first of all, slow down... how is this a problem? So, his parents think he's on a date with me, isn't that the point of me pretending to date him?" I asked her.

"Yeah... but they're looking for him cause he's got to go somewhere, I don't know, I was freaking out too much to realise what was going on... but basically they're going to pick him up and they're going to see him with Matt," Hayley finally explained.

I didn't reply for the second. It seemed like she was giving me a choice. I go down there and stop his parents realising something else is going on, or let it them see me and they don't see anything, and considering the way Tim's been treating me maybe I should let them find out. 

"Nina?" Hayley asked, after I hadn't spoke.

I sighed. I couldn't do that to anyone, especially not Tim. Tim deserved the right to tell his parents in his own time, not have them find out like that, especially when his parents were never going to react very well.

"Where's the restaurant? I'll just have to...run down there I guess, Harry's not home to drive me," I told her, jumping up to grab my shoes.

Hayley told me where it was and judging on when Tim's parents left I had about ten minutes to get there, and by foot, walking at an average pace, it usually took about twenty. Great, why did Harry have to go out tonight, and why did I just not pass that driving test a year ago?

So then, within a minute, I was running. I was running down the side walk at an extremely fast pace, well as fast as I could go, which was decent. I doubted it was going to be fast enough, but maybe I could explain what was going on... maybe I could still save this at the very least.

"Nina, what are you doing?"

I stopped running as I heard my name and turned to face the road and sighed. Why did Ringo have to be driving on the road tonight? I sighed again and started walking, I really didn't want to talk to Ringo, not now anyway. Ringo didn't take the hint though and slowly rolled the car beside me.