My Fake Relationship (Chapter Five)

I felt like shoving my head into my locker... no, shoving myself inside my locker and just living in the dark empty cave it was. At least my fake boyfriend couldn't follow me there. It was Friday afternoon so Tim and I had 'officially' been dating for like twenty-four hours now. I wasn't sure if the relationship had gotten around or not, but I told Tim and Hayley to keep it to themselves. Maybe if they kept it to themselves, we wouldn't need to tell the school and I could just pretend in front of his parents. No such luck. 

"He wasn't there confessing his love, ah?"

I spun around to see Harry. He had his devilish grin, one that told me he knew something. 

"What are you on about?" I demanded. 

"Tim," he said plainly. 

That's when I understood, well understood part of it. Not there to confess his love, when he was at my house the other day, that was what Harry had said to me afterwards.  

"I'm still confused," I frowned. 

"You didn't think I'd find out, Nins? I just heard Hayley and Tim talking. So, why did you tell me you're dating Tim?" he asked.

I felt my insides twist, my heart drop and my breathing stop. No. He didn't hear it, he didn't know. 

"What do you mean, you heard them?" I asked. Get all the facts first, Nina, that's right. 

"They were talking... something about your first date being at the diner. Then Hayley said something about taking you out for dinner somewhere better. It's not hard to figure out, Nina," Harry said plainly. 

I groaned. This was not meant to get out. Bloody hell, I knew Hayley and Tim needed to be watched at all times. I shouldn't have left them alone, now look what's going to happen. 

"You can't say anything," I said immediately. 

"What are you on about?" he quoted. 

I groaned again. "To Mum and Dad, to anyone here. You can't say anything." 

"Are you kidding?! I'm telling the whole world. My little sister has finally got a boyfriend," he smiled. "It's some great material for me to use in the next assembly." 

"Yeah... well... you're adopted." Really, that was the best I could come up with? 

Harry gave me an 'are-you-kidding' look. "Cause it's not like everyone doesn't know that already." 

"Harry, please?" I begged. 

"No way, Nins. I'm sorry," he shrugged. 

"You can't be a considerate brother for once? I am your little sister, and I'm begging you," I said, ready to drop to my knees. 

"Nina, even if I'm not the one to say anything, people will find out. Do you not want people to find out?" he asked curiously. 

Of course I don't. "I just don't want them finding out from you. You'll make a big deal out of it." 

"Of course I will, he's been your best friend from the moment you were born," Harry pointed out. 

And that is one of the reasons I had trouble kissing him... and why it would haunt my dreams forever. Well, it was that, and he was gay.  

"Is there a reason you don't want everyone to know?" Harry asked suspiciously. 

"No," I said quickly. "No, there's no reason, I just don't want everyone hearing it from you." 

"They won't just hear it from me. Well, at first they will, but then it spreads around, you know how it is," Harry shrugged. "Nina, is there something wrong?"