{ sixteen }

—

Jinyoung turned around and looked at him, the little pieces of paper still in his hand.

"Jinyoungie," Mark says, standing up.

"Did you let one of those football players tear up my art?!"

"Jinyoung–"

"Mark, you know how much this means to me!"

"Just listen to me!" Mark says, raising his voice a little. "I let you explain yourself, now let me." Jinyoung looks at him, and nods.

"You gotta promise not to get mad," Mark says, laying a hand on his shoulder. "Okay?"

"Okay,"

"So..." Mark says, avoiding eye contact with the other. "I was, um...
I was really angry yesterday morning... Because I thought you had told everyone.... And I tore up your drawings. Please don't get mad! I'm so sorry, Jinyoungie, it was a stupid thing to do and I feel so bad... Please, things just started getting good again. Don't be mad at me."

Jinyoung took a deep breath, looking at Mark.

"You better be lucky that I like you, or I'd be so pissed right now." He says, dumping the torn up pieces into the trash can.

"Let's make a deal," Jinyoung says, sitting on the bed. "You gotta make it up to me for destroying my prized artwork."

"Of course," Mark says, looking at him. "Anything. I'll do anything."

Jinyoung grins, "We're skipping school tomorrow. One, so that you don't get picked on, and two, so you can take me out."

"Sounds good," Mark says, sitting next to him. "Where do you want me to take you out?"

"That's your job to figure out." Jinyoung says, kicking off his shoes and laying down.

"But what if I don't get it right?"

"Well, there isn't a right answer. Just somewhere nice. It's either you do that, or spend the next few weeks glueing my drawings back together." Jinyoung says, stretching his arms.

"Okay."

"Now, come here and love me."

Mark laughs softly, "Of course." He lays down next to him, wrapping an arm around his shoulders. Jinyoung turns on the television, turning to a channel with a show that they both liked.

"You're so handsome, Jinyoungie," Mark says, poking his cheek.

"Are you just trying to sweet talk me because you tore up my drawings?"

"No, I'm being a good boyfriend."

"Yah, you didn't even ask me to be your boyfriend yet." Jinyoung says, laughing softly and looking at him. "I'm still your crush."

Mark sits up, looking at him and smiling. "Park Jinyoung, will you do me the honor of becoming my significant other, my other half, my boyfriend?" He says, holding his hand out.

Jinyoung laughs, nodding and taking his hand. "I'd love to." He cups his cheek, gently pressing their lips together and smiling.

a/n: this chapter is short, whoops
but next chapter will be longer I promise ❤️

I hope you enjoyed!
please vote / comment, I really appreciate it!
thanks, ilysm~
-author em