{ thirty one }

—

Jinyoung drove around aimlessly, looking for somewhere to take his mind off of things. After about fifteen minutes of driving, he settled on somewhere.

He drove down to the coffee shop he often went to when he was studying and in need of caffeine. The baristas there were always so kind and generous to him, giving him free pastries sometimes and larger coffee sizes.

He parked the car and walked into the shop, taking in the wonderful smell of coffee grind and baked goods. It was so decadent, almost enough to make you drool.

"Jinyoung! Been a while since I've seen your face around here," The barista said, a smile plastered on his face.

"Yeah," Jinyoung says, sighing and waking up to the counter.

"The usual?"

Jinyoung nods, looking around. He felt safe and comforted in this place. The only thing that would make it better is if Mark was there too.

The barista was actually an ex-boyfriend of Jinyoung's, but they were still good friends even after the breakup. Jinyoung was a hundred percent sure that the barista still liked him, but he knew his limits. He was okay with being friends.

"Here you go," He says, handing Jinyoung a large cup of coffee. "You okay? You seem kinda bummed."

Jinyoung shakes his head, handing him the money for the coffee. "Not really..." He sighs, "Just a lot of things going on."

"Here, your favorite, on me." The barista says, handing him a birthday cake flavored cake pop. "Hope you feel better."

"Thank you," Jinyoung says, taking it and sitting down at a table towards the back of the shop. He sipped at the coffee wearingly, not wanting to burn his lips or mouth. He watched outside the window as the clouds moved around.

He sat there until he figured he'd go back home, after about an hour and a half and a few coffees later. He said goodbye to the barista, walking out to his car as the sun shined down on the pavement.

He was just about to his car when he felt someone come up behind him. Before he knew it he was pushed to the ground, between two parked cars; his own and someone else's. He looked up to see two people hovering over him. They had masks over their faces.

"Fucking queer. You're going to be sorry. You messed with the wrong people." One of them says, delivering a kick to Jinyoung's stomach. He groans in pain, trying to get up and walk away but only to be pushed down again. The second person sends a fist to his face, punching him right in the eye. A few more punches a kicks later, and they were gone. Running off to a car and driving off.

Jinyoung struggled to pull himself up, but he eventually did. He looked at himself in his car's mirror.

His nose was bleeding, his eye looking like a bruise was forming. His whole body ached, full of bruises and cuts. He shakily and slowly got himself in his car, driving back to the dorm.

He slowly walked–well more like limped–down the hallways once he got back on campus, reaching his room finally. He could hear Mark, Jaebum, and Youngjae talking from the door.

"I know. Honestly, I knew they weren't my friends. If they can't accept my love for Jinyoung, then I don't need them in my life." He heard Mark say, and his heart sped up a bit. But in the position he was in now, it wasn't much.

He slowly creaks the door open, limping into the room. The three pairs of eyes direct to him, not expecting it.

"Jinyoung, oh my god!" Mark says, dropping whatever was in his hands and running to him. "What happened? Baby, who did this to you? God, I knew I shouldn't have let you go by yourself! Come on," Mark says, helping him into the room and laying him down on the bed.

"Shit, they really roughed him up," Jaebum says, as Youngjae hands Mark tissues to help clean up the blood and tears coming from Jinyoung. "I swear, whoever did this is dead."

"Bummie," Youngjae says, pouring and leaning against him. "Remember what I told you?"

Jaebum sighs, "Yeah, I do. I meant, whoever did this is... not okay."

Youngjae pecks his cheek, smiling a bit. "Much better. No death threats."

Mark sighs, holding Jinyoung close after aiding to his wounds. "I'm so sorry, baby..."

Jinyoung stays silent, gripping Mark's shirt.

a/n: sorry for the lack of updates, school starts in tWo dAys foR mE iM kiLLing mYself

anyways I hope you enjoyed!
please vote / comment, I really appreciate it!
thanks, ilysm~
-author em