{ twenty six }

—

The rest of the day was okay. They had dinner with Mark's family, which was very nice. Jinyoung couldn't seem to get over how kind and sweet Mark's family was. They were truly making him feel at home.

But the next day rolled over quickly, to Mark's distaste. He obviously wasn't looking forward to today, having to spill such a truth on his friends once they got here.

Yet it was still only morning. Mark rolled over once he woke up, looking at Jinyoung sleeping soundly. He smiled softly to himself, leaning down to leave a bunch of small kisses on his face.

Jinyoung groaned, his eyes fluttering open. But once he saw who and what was pecking his face, he smiled softly.

"Morning, baby." Mark says, brushing his hair out of his eyes.

"Morning," Jinyoung says, sitting up. "That was cute, how you woke me up." He says, laughing softly and nudging Mark.

"I'm only a cheesy romantic for you." Mark says, pecking his lips and getting out of bed. "You wanna go get breakfast before... Before you know." He says, his shirtless back facing Jinyoung as he looked for a shirt.

"Sure," Jinyoung says, standing up as well. "A quick little date, hm?~" He says, grinning and hugging Mark from behind.

"Mhm," Mark says, cupping his hands over Jinyoung's, that were wrapped around his middle. "Get dressed, we'll leave soon."

Jinyoung nods, leaving a kiss on Mark's shoulder and then going to his suitcase. He picks out a pair of light jeans, and a striped shirt. He quickly puts them on, along with shoes. "This look okay?"

"Of course," Mark says, now dressed in black jeans and a large white t-shirt. "You always look good."

Jinyoung smiles softly, grabbing his hand. "Let's go, before we wake someone in the house."

"Aish, have you not been hearing K and L running around the house? Everyone's probably awake, besides Joey because he's like, nocturnal." Mark says, laughing softly.

Jinyoung laughs, nodding and walking out of the room and towards the front door with Mark. And he was right, when they walked out he saw most of the family going about their business.

"I'm taking Jinyoung out to breakfast," Mark says, smiling softly. "We'll be back soon."

"Okay, have fun, dear!" His mom says, giving a wide smile. "Stay safe."

"We will," Mark says, waving and walking out the door with Jinyoung. "I'll call an Uber."

Jinyoung laughs softly at Mark's mainstream way of transportation, but it was logical. They didn't have their cars.

They wait for the driver to show up, and they get into the car.

"Where even are we going?" Jinyoung says, leaning against Mark while they drove.

"You'll see," Mark says, smiling. "It's a surprise." Jinyoung nods, looking out the window at all the scenery he hadn't ever seen before.

Shortly they arrive on a street, that had shops as far as the eye could see. Little unusual and unique shops that you wouldn't normally see. They get out of the car, and Mark leads him down the pavement.

"Here," Mark says, pointing to a small grey-blue building.

It was a café, and a very pretty one at that. They walked in, and Jinyoung was in awe. It was so utterly stunning, with art plastered on the walls and pretty black brick walls.

"Wow," Jinyoung says, sitting down at a table with Mark. "This is beautiful, Markie. How'd you find this?"

"I used to come here all the time with my siblings when I was a kid to get cookies." He says, pointing to the display case of decadent looking cookies of all different flavors. "It really brings back some good memories." He says, sighing happily.

A woman comes up to them, giving them small paper menus and smiling. "What can I get you boys to drink?" She says, and then gives Mark a hard look. "You look so familiar." She says, shaking her head. "Sorry."

Mark smiles softly. "It's me, Mark. One of the Tuan kids," he says, and the woman's face lights up.

"No way!" She says, smiling. "You're so grown up now. What a handsome man you've become," she says, poking his cheek. "And looks like you've snagged a handsome one for yourself, too, huh?" She says, smiling to Jinyoung.

Mark laughs softly, "Yes ma'am. That's my boyfriend, Jinyoung."

Jinyoung felt his heart beat faster when he heard Mark say those words. He smiled brightly, looking at her. "Nice to meet you."

The woman gets their drink orders, quickly bringing them back and getting their food orders.

Jinyoung couldn't help but smile from ear to ear while looking at Mark.

"What're you so smiley about?" Mark says, laughing softly.

"You know," Jinyoung says, sipping his drink. "What you said."

Mark chuckled, "I'm so glad you're happy, Nyoungie. I'm ready to tell my friends when we get home, too. I'm not scared anymore."

"I'm proud of you," Jinyoung says, lacing their fingers together over the table. "And I love you."

Mark smiles, leaning across the table to peck his lips.

a/n: here's a fluffy chapter to calm your aching souls (':

I hope you enjoyed!
please vote / comment, I really appreciate it!
thanks, ilysm~
-author em