{ twenty eight }

—

Mark sighed happily as he heard the other's leaving. It felt good to finally tell the truth, and have people that weren't meant to be in his life leave.

"You did the right thing, Mark," his dad says, smiling softly. "I'm proud of you."

"Thank you," Mark says, nodding and smiling softly. "I'm glad it's over with."

Jinyoung smiles, leaning against him. "Now we can enjoy our break~"

"Uncle Jinyoung, are you happy now?" Leila says, running up to him and motioning for him to pick her up. Jinyoung smiles, nodding and picking her up.

"I am. Very happy," he says, looking over at Mark.

"I am too," Mark says, "But we should get going. I have a few things planned for Jinyoungie and I to do."

Jinyoung looks at him, his smile getting even wider. "You didn't."

"I did," Mark says, taking Leila from his arms and setting her down on the ground. "Now let's go. I don't want to keep our perfect day waiting."

;

After changing clothes, the first stop on Mark's plan for today was the beach. Typical thing to do in California, but Jinyoung was all for it. He had only been to the beach a few times in his life, so he was excited.

Mark set the towel down on the white sand, pulling his shirt over his head and setting the cooler down. Jinyoung did the same, pulling his sunglasses from his head to his eyes.

"Wow," Mark says, looking at him. "Handsome~"

"Aish, you hush." Jinyoung says, laughing softly. "Now come on." He says, taking Mark's hand and walking out to the water. Mark laughs, following behind him and pecking his cheek. Jinyoung pushes Mark into the water, though Mark grabs his hand and takes him crashing down into the water with him.

"Ah! Cold," Jinyoung laughs, clutching onto Mark's arm. Mark had a wide smile plastered on his face, just looking at the other.

"Yah, what're you so smiley for?" Jinyoung says, running his hand through Mark's now wet hair.

"Just so in love with you," Mark says, shaking his head. "There's isn't a reason for me to not be happy. I feel so good when I'm with you."

"Such a softie, Tuan." Jinyoung says, smiling and pecking Mark's smile. "Love you."

"Love you more," Mark says, leaving a peck on Jinyoung's nose. "Do me a favor, will you?"

Jinyoung nods, "Sure. What is it?"

"Get me a drink from the cooler? I'm so thirsty." Mark says, floating on his back.

"Can do. What do you want?"

"Just whatever you first grab," Mark says, "I don't care. Just need a drink."

"'Kay."

Jinyoung trudges out of the salty water, dusting the sand off his hands as he walked to where their towel was sat with their things. He kneels down on the blanket, opening up the cooler. He raises he eyebrow when he sees a piece of paper, sealed inside a ziploc bag. Curiosity strikes him, so he opens the bag and takes the note out. He unfolded it, seeing writing down the sheet. His eyes darted across as he read it.

Dear Jinyoungie,
Weird that you just found a note in our cooler, right? Don't freak out. It's okay, just keep reading.
Jinyoung, I love you so much. More than anyone on this earth, this galaxy, this lifetime. You're my everything, and I honestly don't know what I'd do without you. You're my happiness on days that I'm sad. The person who always steers me in the right direction. The one who kept giving me chances, even though I didn't deserve them after how I treated you. But I'm so thankful that you gave me another shot. Thank you. You're the love of my life, Park Jinyoung. Don't forget it. I promise you that I'll love you until the end of time.
Question is, will you promise me?
Look in the cooler, and find the only Sprite bottle. It should be empty. Check inside and then come back to this letter.

Jinyoung was red from head to toe, his hands shaking as he read the letter. But he complied, digging through the ice and finding the singular Sprite bottle. For sure, it was empty. He unscrewed the cap, dumping it into his hand until a small necklace came out. He dropped the bottle back into the cooler, that now free hand going over his mouth in shock. He picked the letter back up, continuing where he left off.

You got it? Okay.
Instead of the cliche promise ring, I got you a promise necklace. I've had this for a while actually, just been thinking about the right and romantic time to give it to you. So how's this? Hopefully you like it. I love you so much, Jinyoung. Now turn around.
Love Always,
Mark

Jinyoung looked behind himself, seeing Mark standing a few feet away with his arms open. Jinyoung stood up as fast as he could, running into the other's arms and hugging him tightly.

"Mark, oh my god," He says, his face pressed against Mark's shoulder. "I-I love you so much!"

Mark smiles, wrapping his arms around the other and holding him close. "I love you so much more."

a/n: wow look @ that fluff

I hope you enjoyed!
please vote / comment, I really appreciate it!
thanks, ilysm~
-author em