{ seventeen }

—

They woke up to their alarm the next morning, groaning at how early it was. Jinyoung sat up, looking at Mark's arms wrapped around his waist. He smiled softly to himself, shaking the other gently to wake him up.

"Markie, wake up," he said, ruffling his hair. "We have stuff to do today."

Mark sits up, yawning and looking at Jinyoung. "Good morning," he says, leaning up to leave a peck on Jinyoung's cheek.

"Morning," Jinyoung says, smiling. "I'm gonna take a shower, okay?" Mark nods, as the other walks off to the shower.

Mark hurries, getting together a picnic basket and running it out to his car. He had been thinking a lot about what he was going to do for Jinyoung, and he finally settled on something.

He rushed back into the dorm, hoping that Jinyoung wasn't out of the shower yet so he wouldn't ruin the surprise. Thankfully, he wasn't, and Mark got dressed. He put on a nice short sleeves shirt and dark jeans, and a hat.

Jinyoung came out of the shower eventually, a robe around his body and his hair stuck to his forehead. Mark looked at him, smiling.

"What a babe," he says, poking Jinyoung's arm. "So handsome."

Jinyoung rolls his eyes playfully, "Aish. You're not gonna shower?"

"Nah," Mark says, "I don't smell bad."

Jinyoung laughs softly, "Mm, okay." He looks at him, raising an eyebrow. "Well? Look away. I gotta change."

Mark laughs, "But I'm your boyfriend."

"A boyfriend who hasn't even gotten to second base yet, and therefore doesn't get to see me naked."

"Aish," Mark says, laughing and sitting on the bed. "Alright. Tell me when I can look." He cups his hands over his eyes, closing them as well.

Jinyoung gets dressed quickly, pulling on one of Mark's black hoodies and jeans.

"You're good now," Jinyoung says, looking in the mirror and fixing his hair. Mark un-cups his eyes, looking at Jinyoung and grinning.

"Are you wearing my hoodie?" He says, standing up and wrapping an arm around his waist.

"I wouldn't be wearing anyone else's," Jinyoung says, smiling. "Of course I am. I hope you know that one of the cons of dating me is that I'm gonna steal all your clothes."

"That's not a con, that's a pro," Mark says, "You look cute in my clothes."

"Good." Jinyoung says, smiling and looking up at Mark. "Ready?" Mark nods, grabbing his hand.

"You sure you wanna hold my hand out there? I don't want you to be upset today, Mark. This is our day." Jinyoung says, giving his hand a gentle squeeze.

"As long as I'm with you, I won't be upset." Mark says, smiling softly. "Just keep walking and ignore them." Jinyoung nods, walking out of the dorm and closing the door behind him. They walk down the hallways, getting profanities and harsh words thrown at them. Words weren't the only thing being thrown at them, either.

But it didn't seem to phase Mark any. He just kept walking, keeping his eyes towards his destination: his car. It was all too real for Jinyoung, since the hateful words were now being directed at him too. He didn't want to go through round two of the bullying. But he kept walking, trying to tune out the words and follow behind Mark's lead.

They eventually make it out of the school, getting into Mark's car and driving off. It felt good to drive off, just get away from everything for at least a minute.

"So, where are we going?" Jinyoung says, looking out the window.
"You'll see," Mark says, smiling softly. "You'll see."

The car pulls up to a field, filled with flowers and trees that looked perfect to sit under. Jinyoung couldn't quite believe his eyes, He was sure that Mark was just going to take him to a nice restaurant.

But this, this was so much better.

"Mark," He says, getting out of the car with him. "It's so beautiful. How'd you find this?"

"When I first moved here, this was one of the places I came to get my mind off of things and just think." Mark says, pulling the picnic basket out of the trunk. "It reminded me of you, so I thought why not come here."

"A picnic basket? Oh Mark," he says, smiling widely. "This is the best possible place you could've taken me. So romantic~" he says, side hugging Mark. "Thank you."

"It's no problem," Mark says, grabbing his hand and walking over to a shady tree. "Only the best for you."

a/n: aw the fluff

I hope you enjoyed!
please vote / comment, I really appreciate it!
thanks, ilysm~
-author em