{ twenty nine }

—

The rest of the trip seemed to go by so smoothly. Mark kept coming up with sweet things to do over the course of the week, and Jinyoung loved it. He was so glad that they were able to have fun on this trip.

But of course, spring break only lasts so long. The week was over quickly, and they were back to their normal daily lives once the long flight was over and they were back at the campus.

"Well," Jinyoung says, as they walked up to the dorm building. "Guess it's back to normal now."

"Yep," Mark says, sighing. "It'll be alright, though."

They walked into the building, not seeing many people since most were still out on vacation. They had come home a day before spring break was over, just because their flight was so long and they were jet lagged.

The walked down the hallways, finally making it back to their dorm. The door was unlocked, to their surprise. Mark slowly opened the door, his eyes widening when he saw their room.

It was completely trashed.

Jinyoung's sketchbook was on the floor, completely torn to shreds. Their clothes were randomly spaced around the room, with rips and cuts and stains on them. The television was broken, a big gash in the screen. Food wrappers and crumbs all over the floor.

The two stood in the doorway, completely in shock. They definitely didn't want to come home to this.

"What... What the hell?" Mark says, angrily throwing his suitcase down and scoffing.

"My drawings..." Jinyoung says under his breath, kneeling down to the ripped up pieces of paper. He took the pieces into his hands, and Mark could see the sadness in his eyes.

"Jinyoungie... I'm so sorry," Mark says, kneeling down to him.

"Why would they do this? I guess I could understand trashing our room, but ruining my hard work? My... Oh my god," he says, picking up the torn apart book and looking through it frantically. "No!" He says, flipping through the torn pages.

"What, Jinyoungie what is it," Mark says, laying a hand on his shoulder.

"The note..." He mumbles, shaking his head and tearing up. "Gone."

"What note? It'll be okay," Mark says, trying to console him.

"It's not okay!" Jinyoung says, standing up and throwing the book down. "In the back of that sketchbook, there was a note that my mom gave me before she left!"

"Before she left...?" Mark says, grabbing his hand to try and calm him down. "Jinyoungie, I'm sure you can get another one from her–"

"Mark, I can't. Not possible."

"Don't say that. I'm sure we can–"

"She's dead, Mark! It's impossible!" Jinyoung spits out, falling to his knees. Mark stood in silence, in pure shock.

"I miss her so much..." Jinyoung says, sobbing into his own hands. "That was the only thing I had left of her..."

"Jinyoung..." Mark says, kneeling down to him. "I'm so sorry... Why didn't you tell me sooner?"

Jinyoung shakes his head, no words coming out. Mark sighs, pulling him into his arms and letting him cry into his chest.

a/n: y'all know I can't just let you have a fluff chapter and not have drama after it ((;

but now we get to dive into jinyoung's past (in this story) !!! yay

I hope you enjoyed!
please vote / comment, I really appreciate it!
thanks, ilysm~
-author em