{ forty four }

—

"Jackson, it's getting late. Where even are we going?" Jinyoung says, leaning his head on Mark's shoulder.

They had been driving for hours now, and the sun had just set. The sky was dark and the nightly rush was slowly but surely making its way onto the road.

"I said you'll see," Jackson says, "We're almost there. Promise."

Yugyeom groans, leaning his head against the window as they drove.

About an hour or so later, the car pulls into a parking lot. The seven's heads immediately turn to the nearest window, trying to figure out what this mysterious place was.

They looked at the scenery, it being a fair of sorts. Rides stood tall and were brightly lit, the smell of extremely unhealthy–but still delicious–fried food wafting through the air into their noses.

"The fair!" Yugyeom smiles widely, opening his door and stepping out of the car. The others do the same, in awe of the destination their friend had chosen.

"Its tradition for me to come with my friends to the fair," Jackson says, his cheeks tinting pink. "And since you guys are my friends now..."

"Aw, hyung!" Bambam says, side hugging him and smiling widely. "This is so cool."

"Come on," Mark says, practically jumping with anticipation. "Let's go in!"

"Alright, alright!" Jackson says, laughing softly and locking the car.

The seven walk through the gates and pay for their tickets, getting stamps on their hands that showed that they payed to be able to ride the attractions. They looked around like puppies; their eyes wide and full of curiosity.

"Let's ride that one," Mark says, pointing to a ride that looked pretty scary. The ride took you up to a pretty large height, and then dropped you really quickly.

"Woah," Yugyeom says, grinning. "That looks like fun."

Youngjae looked at Jaebum, fear in his eyes. He held his arm tightly and shook his head.

"We'll pass," Jaebum says, "Youngjae doesn't like heights. We'll stay down here, you guys go ahead."

"You sure?" Jinyoung says, looking back at them as the others went to stand in line for the ride.

"Yeah," Jaebum says, nodding and wrapping his arms around Youngjae. "I don't want my baby to be scared."

Youngjae's cheeks turn red, as he nuzzles into Jaebum's chest and smiles.

"Okay then, stay here! Don't get lost." Jinyoung says, waving as he caught up with the others in line.

The five waited in line until it was their turn, getting into the ride. It was in seat sets of three, so Jinyoung, Mark, and Yugyeom sat together while Jackson and Bambam were on the other. They tightened and secured their safety belts, excited.

They anxiously squirmed as the ride slowly brought them up, Jinyoung and Mark's hands tightly intertwined. Once it got to the top, they all braced themselves, some closing their eyes.

Then the ride finally took its fast and quick way down, the five screaming and holding onto each other. Jackson's arms were holding onto Bambam for dear life, his scream the loudest (and could probably been heard about a mile away).

They walked off the ride once it was over, panting and smiling as they returned back to Jaebum and Youngjae.

"That was amazing," Yugyeom says, jumping up and down. "Let's do it again!"

"No," Jackson says, still holding onto Bambam. "It was scary!"

"Wuss," Mark jokes, poking him and laughing softly.

"Let's go play games for a bit," Jaebum says, "I don't wanna just stand here and watch you guys go on rides for an hour."

"Yay!" Youngjae says, grabbing Jaebum's hand and practically dragging him over to the games.

They were about to pay for tickets, when Mark spotted someone out of the corner of his eye and had to do a double take to make sure he was seeing right.

"Guys," He says, backing up a bit. "We have to leave. Like, now."

a/n: srry to break ur hearts lmAo

i hope you enjoyed!
please vote / comment, i really appreciate it!
thanks, ilysm~
-author em