{ twenty seven }

—

After finishing their breakfast, they took an Uber back to the house. Jinyoung felt somewhat at ease, being confident in Mark now. He was sure he was going to do the right thing this time.

They walked to the door together, hand in hand. Jinyoung could feel Mark shaking.

"It's okay," He says, pecking Mark's cheek. "You're gonna do great."

Mark nods, smiling softly and gulping. They open the door and walk into the house, it being surprisingly empty besides Mark's dad, who stood in the kitchen.

"Everyone's out back," he says, "You're friends showed up not too long ago. Don't disappoint Jinyoung, Mark." He says, giving him a look that only a father could give.

"Yes sir," Mark says, and Jinyoung could tell that he was nervous. He kept taking his bottom lip between his teeth and flicking it back out.

Mark gave a soft sigh, and a look to Jinyoung before walking outside. They walked through the back doors, leading out to the pool. Mark kept a tight grip on Jinyoung's hand, as they walked closer to his friends that were in the pool.

"Oh hey, Mark's back! Let's get this party started!" Andrew says, splashing up water.

"Are you holding that guy's hand?" Holly says, with a disgusted look ok her face.

Mark cleared his throat, looking at them. "This guy has a name. I would appreciate it if you showed him some respect, because he means a lot to me." He says, and Jinyoung felt his heart melt a little.

"What are you saying, bro?" Andrew says, sipping from the bottle he had in his hand.

"I'm saying," Mark says, hesitating. "I'm saying that Jinyoung is my boyfriend. I'm gay, and I love him very much. You need to know this, and stop disrespecting him." Mark could practically feel his heart beating out of his chest, he was so nervous.

"No way," Andrew says, laughing. "Holly, you owe me twenty bucks! I told you he was a queer!" He laughs, splashing water around. "I told you! He's a little cock sucker."

"Whatever," Holly says, rolling her eyes. "You were right."

"Excuse me?" Mark says, letting go of Jinyoung's hand and walking closer. "You bet on my sexuality?"

"Obviously," Andrew says, still continuing to laugh. "You're queer as hell. Don't hit on me, Markie! I know I'm sexy, but your little boyfriend will get his panties in a twist." He says, making the others laugh as well.

"None of you are my friends. Here's a thought, get the hell out of my house, and take your beer with you." Mark says, scoffing.

"Yah, of course we're friends! You're coming to the bar with us tonight." Andrew says, pursing his lips.

"Like hell I am," Mark says, gritting his teeth. "I said get the hell out of my house. Don't come back."

The so called 'friends' exchanged looks with each other, staying silent.

"Are you deaf or something? Get the hell out." Mark says, walking back to Jinyoung. "I have more important people in my life to tend to than you. You know where the door is." He turns his back to them, looking at Jinyoung and smiling softly.

"Thank you, Mark." Jinyoung says, hugging him tightly. "I love you so much." He says, muffled against the tight hug.

"I love you so much more." Mark says, holding him close. "I feel so good now."

"Me too," Jinyoung says, pulling off the hug. "You're the best."