chapter 1

author's note: set in the one punch man world. story takes place day before saitama meets genos. rest of details revealed within.

enjoy...

reader pov (will be referred to as Don in the story)

"WHY THE HELL ARE YOU HERE?" yeah. she was pissed. "your mom insisted i come and keep and eye on you," she just grimaced at me. "oh? and where did she tell you to stay?" she asked. she smirked as i thought about it. "well....i was just gonna stay in y-" she turned her head in disgust. "no," she said flatly. "but your mom-" she cut me off, "she can get you a place to stay. i worked really hard here for a long time to get to S-class number 2 in the hero rankings. im not gonna help you get ahead of me. you can find some other place to stay," she huffed. i sighed. "i don't have any mo-" she cut me off again. she tried to lift me up with her psychic powers. nope. try as hard as she will, still not stronger than me. nor as skilled. she groaned in frustration. "listen, cuz. im not here to impede on your stardom. im not even registered with the hero association," i said. another groan. she started mumbling. "i don't have super hearing," i said flatly. she looked at me. "i said i don't know why mom would send the one person stronger than me in our family. why are you here? as if it isn't enough that you are the world's most powerful esper. super strength and martial arts master? really? do you know how mad i was when she called and said you were coming?" my green haired cuz just turned away. i could see the small tears in her eyes. i levitated to her. i gave her a hug. "don't be mad. i don't even plan on registering, unless its threat level god," i said. she buried her face in my chest. that green aura faded and i was levitating us both. "...i missed you when you left the first time...."she whispered. i rubbed her back. i heard low whimpering. i just held her for a while. a long while. a really long while. i was getting tired. "....tornado. im tired. ive been holding us for three days straight. aren't you hungry?" all i heard was light breathing. yeah. out cold. i levitated us to her room and put her to bed. the metallic cobalt blue aura was very flattering on her. i pulled up the covers to tuck her in. i let out a long sigh. i need a place to stay. asap. but i didn't like the thought of all those people around. im more of a solo act to be honest. i levitated my one little bag and headed out her mansion.

i flew threw the air for a while. a long while. it was nice. cool up here. good bird's eye view of the cities. i had learned how to use my telekinesis the same time tornado did. i was only a bit older than her so i was finished with my training early. even more early than normal. it is very boring to be child prodigy. 'omg master don. the other children cant lift entire buildings at age 6' always trying to boost my ego. i didn't like what it means to be 'the worlds most powerful esper'. no one could get close. ever. i left a while before she finished. yeah. tears and cataclysmic tantrums from tornado. she REALLY didn't want me to go but i was bored. i ended up learning martial arts a while back. great. another thing that meant people couldn't get close. a flick of the wrist and heads would roll. a gentle breeze flowed as day turned into night. it got a bit chilly. all i wore were jeans, sneakers and a thick collared tee shirt. my bag had a bit of food for the journey here from the other side of the world. couple of hygiene products for when i got to tornado's house. she blushed bright red when she saw me step out the shower. its not a big deal. i only wore a towel. around my waist like a normal person. she just stood there looking at me. i looked in the mirror. no change. still well built with well defined muscular chest and arms. i like my body. i work out to stay in shape. kinda hard to find 10 million ton weights but i make due with what i have. i sighed. i heard my stomach rumble. im starving. i looked down. half destroyed city. some building still intact. i heard a huge shockwave. i looked a bit close. a man with a bald head. steaming fist. splatter of remains. how long have i been up here? loads of fire and screaming people. sounds fun. i flew a bit closer and stood on top of a nearby building. he was looking at his steaming fist. "I KILL HIM IN ONE PUNCH AGAIN!!" he seemed frustrated. i got a closer look at him. tsk. i smirked. he was good looking. muscular. interesting out fit i would say. yellow jumpsuit, red gloves and boots. white cape. he must have been a hero. he frowned. he turned and walked away. i was curious. it piqued my interest. i levitated after him. careful to not be noticed.