chapter 20

Author's note: sorry for not updating for a long time. im just super lazy. no real excuse other than procrastination.

reader pov

my eyes widened. we had just listened to what they said before coming to the meeting and its pretty....offensive just to say the least. i looked at saitama. he held a serious face, complete contrast from his normal blank expression with a small smile. "i do apologize for having you listen to that but i felt it was necessary for the meeting taking place later on today. im sure the information you gained by this will aid in your negotiation with the world leaders," said genos. i sighed. "im....yeah, im not gonna lie. its gonna be pretty one sided with this thing. come on, saitama, we need to get some sleep. i wanna be bright eyed and bushy tailed when i tell em off," he nodded before we headed to the room.

later on that day....

i looked around the huge auditorium, slowly being filled with representatives from across the world. i sighed. i didnt think they would be that stupid. i really didnt. it was a few minutes before they all arrived and took a seat. they looked back and forth between me, saitama, and each other, exchanging many words in languages i couldn't really understand. genos did the translating last night so im not sure what to do here. genos stood up before walking over to the podium. he cleared his throat. "im sure you all know why we have gathered here today. im just gonna lay some ground rules. no talking at the same time, English language only, and no one talks while don is talking. simple. if you cannot speak English, your monitors will tell you everything he is saying and your translators will speak out for you. this will function much like a classroom. hands will be raised before any words are spoken. is that clear?" he repeated it in a few languages before there was a bunch of nods. he nodded before motioning to me. i got up from my chair a distance from the podium and made my way too it. i cleared my throat. "im sure all of you have mixed thoughts about someone as powerful as i even existing on this planet but please allow me to assure you, i mean you no harm. there is literally no way for me to put it that will put you all at ease. me and my future husband merely wish to live a peaceful life together. i am no weapon that belongs to any one country so you can get that selfish thought out of your head right now. what i want is simple: leave us alone. dont send armies or other heroes cause all they do is die pointless deaths due to your greed and insecurities. please, for the sake of all the innocent people that reside in your respective domains, leave us alone. now....questions?" a bunch of hands went up. i sighed. something tells me they didnt listen to a word i said. i pointed to brazil. "there is no way we could accept such a deal. you dont seem to understand the full gravity of you existing. what is to stop you from killing us all and taking over the world?" the woman said. "my desire to end all the fighting peacefully with no more bloodshed or destruction," i said. "what about the countless lives that were already lost? the damage that is already done? will you sooth the people who are rioting for your capture and execution AND repair all of our broken countries?" she asked. "no, because that is your job. be honest with your people. tell them that you send hundreds of thousands of people to their doom intentionally under the guise that you are doing what is right. that the damage was a mere side effect of your foolishness and resign from your position," i said.

a hand up from Israel. i nodded. "what about those who have no part in the war period? how will we remain safe?" he said. "no my problem. im merely speaking on behalf of me and me alone. i have no intention in involving myself in political or national matters," another hand from the major of city B.  i nodded. "what about the void incident? where hundreds of millions in property damage and lives lost occurred, effectively removing several cities from the map?" he said. "cultivate the new found land and redevelop it for new applications. the incident created a two mile deep crater meaning that it could count as more land in its own right. summon the lower class heroes to help in the reconstruction," a hand up from city f. i nodded. "will you not aid any country in the efforts to rebuild and secure its borders? what would it take for any country to rely on your aid?" she said. "a non political crisis such as a massive meteor hurdling towards earth, an outbreak of zombies, alien invasion, or things of the like. i will not partake in wars for any reason but i will defend non involved countries. do not take me as a weapon in any regard. i merely wish to keep the peace," i said. "does this mean you wont defend a weaker country if its being taken over by a smaller country?" she said. "no. i will not aid any country in an attempt of annexing another, bigger or smaller. the reason i would defend a country is if its not involved in the war in any way. should it be found that they are, merely using espionage or air warfare, then i will simply not defend. i will do no fighting with the sole protection of any country in mind," i said. a hand up from japan.  nodded. "you sound as if you wish to be a god," he said. "i dont. i merely wish to be a harbinger of peace," i said. "how can we be so sure that you wont shift your allegiance to any country for....money or rights or things of the sort?" he asked. "because im no politician like you all are. i have no motivation to get ahead of any of your, no country or city to protect, or anything of the like. i merely want to live a normal peaceful life with my future husband," i said. "so you are saying that if a country were to cease your husband, you would fight to get him back?" he raised a brow. "im pretty confident i know where this is going so im just gonna nip it in the bud. i wont say that ill destroy a country if it touches my husband cause i know how you all roll. you will touch my husband, intending on blaming it on a country you hate for one reason or another so i will change the deal for all you greedy bastards. the new deal is simple: you have three options. listen to what i say, be mind controlled, or die. simple. i was saying all of this because i wanted to end this peacefully but it appears that no matter how i spin it, you will all remain greedy bastards so ill put it like this: you will all go to your home countries and you will put all information about me, including my existence, into your most top secret files. you will call off your armies and dedicate the wasted energy to the development of your own countries. i will be taking refuge in city z with my future and we will act as normal superheroes. you wont try to cease me in any way, be it blackmail or kidnapping or anything of the like. should you disobey me, the offending country, as well as the surrounding ones will suffer a cruel fate, effectively wiping them off the face of the planet. do not take my words lightly, people, because although im very calm right now, i can become the god class monster you all label me as. have i made myself clear?" i raised a brow.

nothing but nods. "good. now you all may leave," with that, they all got up and began to move out. i let out a deep breath. "you did it!" chimed saitama, leaping on my shoulders and placing a warm kiss on my cheek. "what can i say? they wanted a threat. being peaceful with those greedy savages also known as politicians was impossible. i still tried despite hearing them all plotting to throw each other under the bus, attempting to recruit me when they really want me as a weapon, trying their best to incriminate me and try to lock me away just so they could use me as a weapon with a leash, or plotting ways to get me to owe them or earn my loyalty or force me to incur some type of a debt. they got what they really wanted and we can finally get married and live a normal life," i said. i felt a tapping on my shoulder. i looked over to see it was genos. "the vast majority of the officials are talking about doing undercover attacks on you or trying to cease your husband," he said. "who?" he pulled up a hollow gram display showing the people representing france, Britain, and Germany. i didnt even ask questions, instead making all three turn to dust. there were gasps. "now that that's taken care of, lets go find us a house, hubby," i said. he pulled my head into a kiss. "small one so we can be close 24/7," he muttered against my lips. "when are you guys getting married?" asked genos. "as soon as we settle down?" i asked him. he just shrugged. "all i want is a right saying that you are mine forever," he whispered, kissing my cheek again. "sounds perfect," i said.

===============================================================================

this story is coming to its end a little quicker than i thought. eh....im sure everyone is happy about it any way. hope you like it!! read my other stories if you have the time!!

Ronald