chapter 21

author's note: sorry i haven't touched this story in a long time. its been like a month and ive been so busy, and by busy i mean ive been mega lazy so yeah, another chapter. this story is pretty much over honestly. maybe one or two more chapters (including this one) before the epilogue before its done.

two weeks later.....

reader pov

ill admit i was a bit nervous. its funny. just thinking about all the stuff we been through. all the time we spent with him pretty much adjoined at my hip. there is pretty much one thing that we haven't done: actually go on a date. it was near impossible with all the goings on but now that everything has died down a little and we can lead semi normal lives now, i think its long over due.

world is pretty calm now. the 'god level monster' has pretty much died down. almost a thing of the past. worked out that the news people couldn't get a good shot of the 'god level monster' so no one recognizes me or saitama. feels like a dream. just walking down the street, hand and hand with the baldy, like nothing had ever happened. like the void incident had never came to past or anything like that. his expression hadn't changed in all the time i knew him. same blank face with a little smile. one hand in his jean pocket with the other intertwined with mines. there weren't many people in this city. people were walking on the sidewalk but not near as many as what was the norm just a year or so back. the night was young with so much potential. we had money, us both becoming s-class heroes after the hero association was reestablished. we weren't millionaires but we were well off. got a nice little one bedroom house on the outskirts of the city. i actually feel like a normal guy. just normal people walking down the street to the movies. we got to the ticket master. "two for 'big hero 6'," i said. the woman nodded and took the money in exchange for the ticket stubs. we walked inside.

we grabbed a big bucket of popcorn and a large soda. he wanted some candy as well. we took a seat in front of the big screen, sitting next to each other with the popcorn in between his legs. his feet rested on the chair in front of us, his arm wrapped around mines. the movie started.

i wont deny, i was starting to feel a bit of unease. like tonight was going too perfectly. the movie went by without a hitch. we enjoyed some dinner at a local restaurant. hit up the arcade so i could beat him in every game there. finally enjoying a stroll through the park. we sat on a bench side by side, his hand in mines resting between us. the sky was clear with little white lights that looked like diamonds littering the dark blue and black air. it felt good. it felt good to be alone with him. to not feel the pressure of impending assassination attempts or being wanted by the world's army. just....normal. "babe....im bored," he muttered after a moment of silence. "i didnt think that i would miss life where we were on the run and shit wasn't going smoothly," i muttered. "its....its nice. not having to worry about someone appearing out of now where or anything but....yeah, its really fucking boring," he said. "its funny how the whole time we were running, i was praying for a place to settle down and now that we have that, i wanna run away again," i grunted. he chuckled. "is it really possible to have both?" he asked. "i think it would work. have the house to always come back to every night but travel alot. i can fly so it dont matter how far we go. i dont know what we would do though," i said.

"well heroing has gotten pretty boring since you kill them with one hit," he said. "we both kill them with one hit. i can just do so to more enemies from a larger distance with a much larger range and shit. no wonder heroing is boring now," i grunted, realizing that im way to OP in real life. he chuckled. "how can we make life fun together?" he asked. "being normal is boring but i still like it. its tranquil and peaceful. really easy to relax. our jobs are way to easy. i mean....there would have to be some kinda mega super villain or a huge planet threatening natural occurrence for us to even break a sweat," i said. "but there has been loads of those already, don. the meteor shower where each was the size of a school bus or house, the solar flare, not to mention that huge alien ship that appeared not to long ago. remember? the one who blew up city A?" he said.

 "that was pretty interesting. i tried my hardest not to get involved cause you wanted to take care of it but....well it was difficult. just watching you and that alien overlord guy go at it was making me upset. i had to turn him to dust, babe. him and everyone on that damn ship," i grunted. he chuckled. "you didnt have to throw it in the sun though. metal knight wanted to scavenge it for parts to make everything better," he said. "when did he come back to life? wasn't he destroyed like a month ago?" i asked. "he was a robot. the doctor just rebuilt him," he said. "oh...like genos, huh?" he nodded. i sighed. "well....what do you wanna do now?" i looked at him. his face went serious with a grin. "i want to have sex," he said, his lips curling into a grin. i just shrugged.

{time skip}

"ooohhh i completely forgot to give this too you," saitama rolled off me and dug through the drawer of the nightstand in our bedroom. he rolled back over, laying on top of me. he held a little black box in his hand, his face a dark red from his blushing. i fake gasped. "don....will you marry me?" he whispered, opening the little box to reveal a nice shiny ring with a little jewel in it. "of course babe. i also got one for you," i used my power to pull it out of my night stand. it flew to my hand. i opened it. it looked just like his. i took his hand and slipped it on his finger. he did the same to mines. he looked at his for a long while. "its nice. i never thought i would ever be engaged to someone," he whispered. "i never thought that you would have ruined my shirt that fateful day at the supermarket," i said. he giggled. "i didnt think we would have had sex that day," he muttered. "i didnt think you would have stolen my clothes!" i said. "well how else would i get you to come to my house?" he shrugged. we shared a chuckle. he lounged on me, putting his head in my neck and sprawling out. i was content with where we were. honestly. it was cozy with no problems in sight. "i think i want to get used to being boring, don," he said after a moment of silence. "well it wasn't much different from our lives before. we were both pretty boring," i said. ".....i dont think you are boring," he whispered, kissing on my neck. "everything about me is boring, saitama. down to the sex. every move is the same. you can almost predict what ill do next," i grunted.

"so you wanna get kinky now? i....i can do kinky," he whispered. "while i am down for almost  whatever, that isn't what i meant. i meant that im really predictable.  that if we dont find something to spice up our life, without having to go on the run again, im afraid im gonna settle into a routine and if you think im boring now, wait till you can set an alarm to what im gonna do. i want......shit. what do we want, saitama? we want to settle down and be all over the place at the same time. im confused," i said. "i wish we could fuse. stop attempting to and actually do it. i hate having to be separate from you," he muttered, squeezing me tightly. "but i love trying again and again to fuse with you, saitama! it feels sooo good," i chimed, earning a giggle from him. "that's....that's a good point. i like trying too," he whispered. i chuckled. we just laid there for a while, sharing the same air, same space, the same sticky sensation between us, reminding me that we hadn't showered yet. "we should take a shower," i said, rubbing his back tenderly. "i wanna take a bath," he said. i shrugged.

"ooohhhh," he moaned as we settled into the warm water finally. it did feel good. i never realize how tense i am until i settle down in the warm water. we rested like normal, his legs atop mines while we sat at opposite ends of the big tub. it was a nice house. i wont deny we splurged a bit with it. its pretty much an executive suite at a 5 star hotel made into a house. paid it off and paid the bills up six months. we are in an excellent place with the finances. turns out saitama is really good with money. "so when is the big day?" i asked. i hadn't thought that far. we have the money for whenever but i haven't thought of a day. he chuckled. "two months from today," he said. i had to think. i...i cant think of a reason not to. gives us plenty of time to plan it. "what's so special about that day?" i asked. "one year anniversary of the day we first met," he said, his face flushing a dark red. my face caught on fire. "oh my god!! i hadn't even thought about it. i....i cant believe i forgot," i muttered, feeling disappointed in myself. "well you were pretty busy what with the power surge and killing like 300k people. if its any consolation, i forgive you," he said, rubbing me with his foot. he had a playful tone. i sighed. "well its perfect, babe. its gonna be beautiful. all our friends and everything will be there," i said. "tsk...all of what friends? cant say we have a lot of people to invite to the wedding," he said. i giggled. "well it looks like we gotta a mission, babe...." he looked at me with wide eyes,"....we need people to witness the best day of our lives..."

=================================================================================

*giggle* how many people are part of #TeamNoFriends ?

Ronald