chapter 13

tornado pov

i had been flying through the air looking for don and baldy when i spotted metal bat's group. they seemed to be arguing about something. this isn't good. we need to find don asap. we dont have time for quarrels amongst ourselves. as i approached them, i noticed that metal bat and child emperor were the ones who seemed to be the source of the argument. i sighed. they were just going at it like they were siblings. i flew a little closer when metal bat just attacked him. i had caught him in my psychic grip but not before he snapped child emperor's neck. the little boy fell to the ground completely limp and devoid of live. "WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE?!" i yelled. metal bat struggled in my grip as i approached the little group. i looked around for drive knight. no where to be found. it was just me and metal bat. i looked at him. he had this manic expression on his face. the guy has clearly lost his mind. "what the hell is wrong with you?! why did you kill child emperor? where is drive knight?" i asked. he just grunted as he struggled in my grip. "L-L-LET ME GO!! I NEED TO GET TO DON!!" he screamed. what the hell?! "didn't you just hear my questions?" i asked. he just started mumbling to himself. i leaned in closer. "...gotta...help don...do what he wanna do.....must dedicate life to...him...." he kept grumbling. i looked in his eyes. completely blank. no emotion. it was like he was....being mind controlled? i shook my head at the though. not possible. i dont know of any hero in the association capable of mind control. no. this has got to be something to do with him. its just too weird. i dont know what is going on but i dont think this has to do with us. at the thought i heard a massive collision. i turned around quickly, completely forgetting metal bat was in my grip. he fell down to the ground as i looked towards the collision. another and another followed by building crumbling and flying debris coming towards me. i put up a shield to defend myself. shit! i looked at the ground. metal bat was still in his daze and mumbling to him self in the little crater that was made from his falling. i used my power to lift him back up to me and i flew towards the collisions.

i stopped a few meters from the source. looks like tank top master and king were going at it. just fighting and fighting for some reason. i used my power to stop both of them in mid punch. i brought them to me. "WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TWO DOING?!" i shouted. tank top master seemed to relax. "out of nowhere, king just started attacking me. he was manic, constantly grumbling 'serve don. serve don forever. SERVE DON!' and he would keep swinging like there was no tomorrow," he explained. i looked at king. his struggling in my grip was actually a bit more difficult to control. i looked him in the eye. same blank expression as metal bat (gonna sub that for MB. easier to write). nothing there at all. like his mind was completely gone. i looked around for his companion, metal knight. "it appears the same thing happened with mb too? i dont see drive knight anywhere," he pointed towards mb. i nodded. "it seems like they are just losing their minds out of nowhere. drive knight and metal knight are missing. have you seen what happened to bang and atomic samurai?" i asked. he shook his head. "i haven't seen them since they split from the group," i noticed some scrap metal scattered all over a destroyed building. i looked closer. its just as i thought. remains of metal knight. "looks like they are taking out the machines then going for everyone else. i dont really know why or how they choose who to target. i had noticed child emperor and mb arguing when out of nowhere, mb just jumped and snapped the boys neck," i said. tank top master seemed to thing it over. "im guessing this has something to do with don. they both just started talking about serving don out of nowhere before they just attacked. does don have mind control abilities?" he asked. i released my grip on him as we lowered to the ground. i still held on to the other two. "not as far as i know. he is just a regular esper like me," i said. he seemed to think it over. "could you tell me all you know don's abilities?" he asked. i shrugged. "for the most part, his works like mine. just point with hand/eyes and focus to use your power. the only real difference is when don would get a headache. he would always get these headaches every now and then. the whole family had to stay away from him for weeks cause if you stood to close to him, your brain would be lobotomized," i said. shit. now that im thinking about it, don did always have a certain degree of psychic abilities. in addition to moving stuff with his mind, he could control the minds of small animals. he couldn't give them complicated orders. just 'run' or 'come here' and even simple stuff like that were controlled by his emotions. he was never able to do that to other people. "seems like you are coming to the same conclusion as i am, tornado. if he is able to have any effect on the mind then its not to far fetched to say that he is capable of mind control. even if its unintentional," he explained. i didn't wanna believe it but i guess when he puts it like that....its not to far fetched. "i doesn't really make sense though. i mean....don is nowhere in sight. how can he control their minds from who knows how far away?" i asked. he shrugged. "what we need to do is find atomic samurai, bang, and get back with genos. i think its safe to say he is probably the next target," he said. i nodded and we headed back.

we found bang holding atomic samurai down on the ground. he kept trying to get to genos who was still zoned out in the systems. bang noticed us approaching. "looks like you both ran into the same problem, too. out of nowhere, atomic samurai started chanting 'serve don!' and he ran off. i was able to stop him before he attacked genos," bang reported. i sighed. i guess that confirms it. looks like don can control people's minds now. i put atomic samurai in my grip and bang released him. i put him with the others. "anyone know why these three are the only ones affected?" asked tank top master. bang seemed to think it over. "atomic samurai and mb were the first ones to encounter don so i guess that is where he got ahold of them but that doesn't explain why king was also effected," i said. they seemed to think it over. "what is the similarity between those who weren't affected?" bang proposed. hmm....id like to believe i could defend against don's psychic attack, or at least hold him off long enough to tell others its happening. "i think the answer is more simple than we think. those who were effected were stupid. those who weren't are smart. machines are the smartest of us all soooo they needed to be destroyed. more than likely cause they were the closes to finding don and baldy," i said. they seemed to think it over. bang shrugged. "dont really have a counter point so i guess we will go with that," he said. genos seemed to snap out of his daze. "ive found don," he took off running. we all took of after him.

meanwhile...

reader pov

i sighed. it was scary at first but i was able to calm him down. we made love like normally and saitama passed out. i grinned. still can make saitama go till he passes out. the occasional glance in the mirror reminded me that my powers still hadn't turned off. the glow reflected off saitama's bald head as we cuddled. i dont know what is going on. they just wont shut off. its like when i killed those remaining heroes, a switch had been flipped. now my powers wont shut off. i sighed. i dont know wh-. i choked. the pain hit me like a tsunami. "AAAHHHHHHH!!" i clasped my head in an effort to stop the throbbing. i just wouldn't go away. i let out scream after scream but that just served to make it worse. i shut my eyes tightly as the tears flowed. this unbearable pain was just too much. i remember these times from when i was younger. after every episode i would be left alone for weeks. i dont know what happened. there would be countless people around me, collapsed on the ground and twitching. shit. i need to get away. i felt myself being rolled on my back. i opened my eyes. i know that if they weren't blue they would be blood shot. it hurt soooo bad. through teary eyes i could see saitama had straddled me. he kept shouting something but i couldn't hear it. the throbbing was too loud. the ringing in my ears was too loud. its close!! if i dont get away fast, saitama will collapse!!  i sat up and forced him off me. i tried to fly away but he gripped my ankle. i looked back at him. he wouldn't let me go. i dont want him to die. i used my power to hold him down on the bed as i flew off, right through the wall. i felt as fast as i could. i dont even know how far i traveled before the pain got tooo unbearable. i ended up collapsing in what felt like forestry. i couldn't help but writhe. the throbbing sent waves of pain and tension through my whole body. i couldn't move. i strained my eyes before having to shut them. it hurt. soooooo much. it just hurt. i couldn't stand it. everything went black.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

wow.

Ronald