Chapter 1 "VIOLET"

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that."

― Martin Luther King Jr.

How could I be so stupid? I said to myself, when flinging out of Aidan's office and almost knocking down my colleague. I was shocked to see how my boyfriend crawled under the short skirt of our chef's secretary with his horny hand.

Never again I will have a relationship at work! I cried to myself as if it was the first time. In fact, I fell into the same trap again and again when acquainted with men. As a naive little fool, I believed that if I spent with my boyfriend all time at his work, I would be able to control him 24 hours per day. But somehow all of my exes were able to twist me round their little fingers, taking up with other broads right in front of my nose. Bastards!

But I'm fed up! I no longer wanted to be the one that can be hold up to ridicule in front of everyone! I just grabbed my bag and darted off. I rushed home, despite the fact that the chief was at work and negotiated with his partners. I still felt his reproachful gaze burning my back, when I flew out of the office. But honestly, I didn't give a shit!

The whole night I was crying like crazy while my ex-boyfriend was calling me, wanting to explain everything. Like hell! What could be the explanation, if he almost fúcked another woman on his desk? I wanted to yell at him, to say nasty things, but as usual, I closed in my shell and didn't pick up the phone. I was crying hysterically on the couch, thinking that I will go to sleep then, but the sleep didn't come to me. My head ached. All the pills didn't have any effect. I thought I would go mad, sitting locked up in the darkness and looking at the black street out of the window of my apartment.

I opened a bottle of bourbon, unaware of how aged it was, and started to drink. I tormented myself with reproaches that I had yet to call Aidan and shoot out the stream of invective, but I was too proud to do it.

I decided that I needed to go to a local club. I needed to create a cheerful mood for myself.

Having taken a taxi to a strange night club called "Drunken Cherry", I went out being a little drunk. Having the hiccups because of swallowing the cool air and hemming at the fact that I've never been to crowded places in such state, I still headed for the entrance. Then suddenly I lost my footing on my high three inches heels and fell on my bottom on the asphalt, cursing all and sundry. My ass was burning from hard landing on the ground, but still collecting all my efforts, I got up.

Looking at me the bouncer at the door shook his head, muttering something under his breath. Apparently, he didn't like drunken women. Actually neither did I. I scoffed at my strange sense of humor and came to the guard. The bouncer just shook his head when I asked him to let me pass. He said that in such state as I was, I could only lie somewhere on the sidelines, not to dance. I was about to lower the boom on him and cuss him out to make him sick to hear, but a strong man's hand slightly embraced my shoulder.

"What the fúck?" I cried out, shivering from a male grip and still shaking my dark emerald dress off the road dust. "You should beware to let loose with your hands... and..."

And then my speech abruptly ended when I lifted my brown eyes at the stranger still holding my elbow. I was ready to sink into the ground. It was my boss. He looked extremely irresistible today. His black trousers perfectly underlined his narrow waist and his tough ass, his white shirt was unbuttoned at the chest, showing its relief and smoothness, and his smile was shining just like a rainbow. His dimples sparkled in the lights of the nightclub; his dark blue eyes were burning through all my crippled soul. Double damn!