Chapter 10 "VIOLET"

I woke up in a stone room, where the cold ruthlessly pinned the whole my body down

I woke up in a stone room, where the cold ruthlessly pinned the whole my body down. I opened my tired eyes, until my pupils were gradually getting used to the absolute darkness of the room in which I was. That room could be rightly called an insolation cell. There was no chair, no bed, even no toilet. I was surrounded by black bare walls with carved stone ridges that could put the fear into anyone. Everyone could feel himself the inevitability of inescapable future.

Gradually recovering from drug intoxication, in which I was "plunged" by seignior Grave's cronies, I was glad that my vision was becoming clear at last. I tried to get up, to creep a little along the wall, to make at least any push similar to a move that could bring me to life, but I couldn't. All my limbs were in agony, and the reason was in front of me. My thin wrists were nailed with big iron shackles and tough chain to the stone wall, on which my back was resting. Those medieval handcuffs dug into my skin painfully, holding me as if watchdogs. I tried to make any muscle in my body move, but it seemed that I froze to the stone floor. I was sitting completely naked on a soft sheet made of a simple cardboard, which didn't bring me any comfort. Every sharp rock lying beneath reminded me of its presence, and I began to hate those people who were involved in my suffering even more.

Recalling recent events that happened to me in Grave's office, I realized that I became a slave. How much I wanted to get away from there by any means I could come up with! I wanted to leave as soon as possible that awful club intended for rich monsters who practiced wild perversions. The club, which was run by terrible people I've never met in my life. For me it was a real horror, scarier than any modern film masterpiece in the thriller genre.

But how could I leave Kyle there alone? How? I shuddered at the mere thought that he could be hurt. They threatened me at the airport, saying that they would dispose of Kyle, if I didn't obey their orders become submissive. They warned me that if I peeped or pulled any trick on the way to the club, I would certainly be in a big trouble.

Therefore, I didn't resist and followed them like an obedient lamb. They led me through the back door when we left the airbus, and that made me feel uneasy. At that moment I realized how much untouchable they truly were. Their strength and power were endless if they knew such secrets. I didn't even want to know what they were capable of.

As soon as I arrived at the club "Drunken Cherry" I was immediately plied with some nasty stuff with a taste of sweet cherry preserved in alcohol. But there was something suspicious in that taste: some bitter flavor of mint or, probably, marijuana.

What else could they give me to drink but for a mixture of alcohol and drugs? They just wanted me to be obedient and docile. And I became.

After that drink I could hardly remember what I was doing. My head was spinning, my tongue began to totter, and my legs went rubbery. I was almost unconscious, when I was pushed into some dark room of that devilish club and locked there. They left me to wait for the appointed time, apparently deciding my slave's fate.