Chapter 21 "KYLE"

I woke up early in the morning when the sun's rays fell on my face through the heavily draped windows

I woke up early in the morning when the sun's rays fell on my face through the heavily draped windows. I rolled over sleepily in my bed made of dry straw, which was like in a warm blanket. My whole body was a little stiff. Night in the barn was very chilly. There were no heaters, and the ground was quite wet after the rain.

I yawned, stretching my stiff joints and feeling quite refreshed after a hot night with Violet. Suppressing a groan, I remembered yesterday's oral sex, which totally relaxed me after a disastrous evening with my dad. I was glad we were far away from him and I could see my Violet sleeping peacefully. Her nose was buried in the straw bed as she quietly muttered under her breath. I stroked her little ear, massaging the lobe and slowly slid my hand down to her neck. I would never get tired of admiring her inner spirit and courage and how steadfast she was. And what fool would be able to set loose a gorgeous woman like Violet? Only a man whose heart was made of stone.

Violet lay next to me while I hugged her with my right hand and studied her outstanding features. Suddenly she screamed, desperately clutching my elbow and trying to get rid of the nightmare. I gently shook her shoulder, and Violet instantly opened her beautiful dark cocoa eyes, which looked at me in horror.

"Oh, Kyle..." Violet's squeak was so plaintive that I hugged her tight, soothing my baby. Her head rested on my chest, and her fingers gently touched my cool skin. She was so affectionate with me. She was so sweet.

"What did you dream about, jellybean?" I asked her even though I knew that Violet didn't want to say anything. Was it that terrible?

"I had a dream about the masquerade in club 'Drunken Cherry', where I was waiting for you. I sat at the bar and watched the fiery show of male striptease. As soon as I saw you in the mask..." Violet suddenly froze, as if she had no strength to continue the story and reveal the thing that tormented her soul.

"And what happened next? We must have secluded ourselves in one of the rooms and I would have torn your clothes off." I winked at her, trying to change the subject and flirt with my girl. My desire to improve her mood was unrelenting.

"Yes, but..." Violet interrupted, nervously biting her top lip and looking a little worried, like we just met yesterday. I saw her sharp hand movements and sensed her tension. I'm sure it was about the dream. The dream had troubled her mind, her thoughts.

Violet spoke again.

"After we had sex, you took off the mask and... It wasn't you. It was Grave."

I heard her burdened, desperate sobs.

"Shhh... I'm not going to give you to Grave, or to my father, or anyone else. You hear me? You are mine, Violet. For all eternity." My words sounded incredibly possessive, but I was not ashamed of my feelings. Violet was my everything. She was my fucking Universe.

Moved by my honest confession, Violet suddenly began to cry harder, hugging my torso and saying no more about that nightmare. I painfully gritted my teeth, pressing her to my heart and sensing her nervousness. Grave almost ruined her life and still haunted her, even in her sleep. He was like a demon from the underworld! Fucking bastard!