Chapter 2 "VIOLET"

"What consequences?" I asked. "I will be kicked out of the club?"

"If only..." Mr. Jamieson smiled at me weakly. "They will just get rid of us, that's all. You have no idea who comes into this club; all sorts the upper crust, mostly incorrigible rascals, that's why everyone is incognito here. Each of us is obliged to keep quiet and obey. This is a private club for the rich; it's not a club for broken hearts like yours, Violet." Mr. Jamieson looked sympathetically at me, as if he knew that Aidan and I broke up. I didn't like when someone sympathized with me because I didn't want to seem weak at this moment. Of course, I couldn't resist. Tears instantly appeared in the corners of my eyes as I remembered Aidan.

"You wanted to say that we should keep-a-silence about what we had seen here? It reminds me of the movie Stanley Kubrick's "Eyes Wide Shut"*. This is idiotically funny." I frankly admitted, slightly shaking my head and not believing him. I laughed at this situation.

"Actually, it's not funny at all, Violet." Mr. Jamieson told me angrily. "I want to save both of us. And I think you also want it."

"So I have to spend the night with you..." I changed the tense subject, sighing and dropping my eyes down. "And I cannot get away from the club? Is there no exit?"

"Only a night with a man and then you can go wherever you want. The cameras are set up everywhere, every your movement is tracked, and you cannot escape. As they say, you're under the gun. In this club all-powerful persons of this world use female body to relax and get what they want. Women come here to lose themselves and have fun in return. Nothing more. No romance and deep feelings. Only sex. That is what the club was opened for. You are very lucky that no one knows that you're not my girlfriend, but just a clerk in my office. If they find out that "my girlfriend" is not a millionaire, it will turn badly for me, Vai. So let choose yourself. Although, if I'm so unpleasant to you, you can spend the night with someone who held you as a captive on the dance floor or with someone who groped your bare knee at the bar!" Mr. Jamieson maliciously snapped, and this led me to a very pleasant thought.

Oh, he is surely jealous of me. Holy crap!

"You want to say that all the people here are rich? Even those that were sitting at the bar?"I didn't even notice that I started to call him by his first name, forgetting about that terrible evening.

"Don't look at their clothing. The clothes are nothing here, because the rich are free to choose, both in terms of image and in terms of women."

"I see..." I mumbled, trying not to attract the attention of other men, who was waiting to pounce on me. I almost threw up.

Do these real beasts come here, ready just to satisfy their animal instincts?
Although how could I judge them? I didn't know anything about their lives...

"So what?" Mr. Jamieson interrupted my thoughts. "Time is getting on, Violet. What do you choose?"

I just swallowed, bravely taking Mr. Jamieson's hand and looking at the faces of people on the dance floor. All were kissing passionately, pawing intimate places of each other and almost having sex right on the dance floor.

"Okay. Lead me. You know everything here..." I said sarcastically, as if it bothered me.

It seems something changed in our relationship or I was just jealous of him over all the women whom he served there? Damn it!

"Come on," Mr. Jamieson nudged me forward, putting one hand on my hip. "Don't turn around. Everyone is looking at us."

"Have you laid your hand on my hip on purpose?"

"Yes. And enough chatting, woman!" Mr. Jamieson cut me off, leading me pass the dance floor. I realized that it was a part of the game, which we were destined to play together. But how can I play when I will be alone with him? The shiver ran down my spine cause of this thought.