Chapter 12 "KYLE"

My soul was still torn into a million pieces, when I remembered the force with which I hit Violet with that terrible leather whip; the crack of the whip still resonating in my ears

My soul was still torn into a million pieces, when I remembered the force with which I hit Violet with that terrible leather whip; the crack of the whip still resonating in my ears. I knew that the strike will be too strong for Violet to handle and that she will fall into oblivion in pain. And yet I obeyed the orders of that bastard, Grave. I probably was as cruel an asshole as he and Mr. X were since I bestowed so much pain upon my woman. But I did it for Violet's sake. I figured that if Mr. X had hit her instead of me, she would have had to tolerate all his hard beatings until Mr. X enjoyed the punishment till the end. Until he spared her right before she lost consciousness so that he could watch her pain-stricken face. And there's no way I would have let that happen. I chose the lesser of two evils.

Mr. X was bent out of shape about it. He smashed the wooden chairs into pieces, broke the huge piano and almost tore apart one of the paintings, "a brutal execution of women by the Spanish Inquisition", hanging on the wall in the huge hall where we were present. He overreached himself, thinking that I'd leave Violet in his hands rather than do it myself. But I didn't. Mr. X was absolutely powerless before my cunning plan, because it was he who wanted to punish Violet for not coming that evening, but fortune didn't smile on him.

Eat that, dickhead! I thought when Mr. Grave couldn't calm Mr. X's temperament.

Finally, seignior Grave called an authorized person on his mobile and he brought Mr. X some water and a sedative, so that he would calm down. Grave took him out of the hall and also ordered to lock up Violet in her dungeon. When I stood and watched, how a helpless Violet was carried away out of the hall, I was badly hurt. I was ready right now to wipe them all off the face of the earth. But I still wasn't strong enough.

I have guessed what Mr. X and Mr. Grave did to Violet in that cell while I was unconscious, and my veins burned with the venom of hatred. When I thought how they touched her naked body and mentally abused her, my knees started shaking. I wanted to make them regret that they touched my Violet. I wanted to make them lick the ground under her feet!

The moment no one was looking for me, I quietly snuck into the prison to see Violet. My beautiful little girl was helplessly lying on the cardboard, Mignon quietly "conjured" over her. Sensing my barely tangible presence, he immediately jumped to his feet. I gave Mignon a dismissive wave and he continued his business, not paying any attention while I was watching Violet. Mignon had treated the deep scar on her back so gently and carefully with iodine, almost as if Violet was his little child. I would have never thought that this athlete was capable of such tenderness.

Seeing how Mignon had put the white patches on her back, I came to realize more and more that I had killed all her feelings for me. Perhaps Violet will never forgive me.

Having finished caring for Violet's skin, Mignon put all the medications in a first aid kit. He patted me on the shoulder, quietly whispering in French 'tout est prêt, monsieur.'* Mignon caught my eye with his slightly anxious look and sighed heavily. He knew what I told him a few days ago, and I was sure that he wouldn't let me down.