Chapter 16 "KYLE"

What the fuck? That was my only question when I saw my father. I couldn't imagine that he lived in our Hacienda. I was hoping that I would see mother or her new husband. But father!? There was no point in meeting him under such circumstances, especially when Violet and I were so close. I was not a pervert like he was; to watch others and enjoy it. But I was sure he did it deliberately to annoy me and check how I would react.

I didn't want to share Violet with anyone, especially with him. I was very annoyed by his antics. He had the gift to piss me off, just like Mr. Grave. They both were very much alike.

The desire to slap my father with all my strength and get him out of here grew stronger every minute, thinking how he had disrespected Violet. Unfortunately, I wasn't the boss here and didn't have the rights to decide who could live in our house and who could not. Moreover, I just wanted to crash here for a while until things settled down with that damn club. But it looked like my father would be giving us company.

Concealing Violet with my jacket, so that my father couldn't hold her naked body with his lustful gaze, I climbed off the bed and met him face to face. I was irritated by the idea of holding a conversation with him, but I had to show him that I wasn't the little boy, whom he beat and tortured. I was a grown man, ready to stand up for himself and his woman.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him the question again, trying to distract from reality. I so badly wanted to haul off on him.

"I live here. Moreover, Kyle, why should we quarrel? We haven't met since so long." He reached out his hand, waiting for our peace handshake and perhaps thinking about working on our relationship, but I just rolled up the sleeves of my white shirt, crossed hands on my chest and sternly looked at him. His slightly tanned face with the brown eyes, the bristly straight eyebrows, the small nose and thin lips, had all withered over the past years. It was no longer attractive and charming for the women with whom he had constantly cheated his wife with; my mother. Interestingly, he never experienced any sense of shame for his actions and did what was necessary. He was selfish. He was emotionless. He was a glacier.

I was kind of like him because I still haven't had any serious relationships with women and didn't believe in marriage as in the union of love, loyalty and respect. But Violet made me have a different look at the relationship of men and women. She was my new teacher and my new healer of emotional wounds.

"If you want to talk," I yelled, "let's do it by the door. Violet needs to tidy herself up. You came here at a bad time!"

He looked at me with his cute toothy smile and nodded his head like a horse a few times, agreeing with my command. My guts still turned inside out because of his idiotic habit to pretend to be a fool. He always seemed weak and defenseless to all the people, though inside he was anything but that. My mom and I knew it well enough. My father was like a wolf in a sheep's clothing and it was difficult to distinguish this wolf from a sheep.