Chapter 12; The dorkus makes cupcakes

Mackenzies POV

"Mackenzie are you even paying attention?!" Mr. Johnson snaps my way .

"Yeah I am,"I reply glancing up from my 'notes'.

"You better be." He narrows his eyes before continuing with the math lesson.

I decide I should probably start actually taking some notes. I pump some led into mechanical pencil and begin jolting down the main idea of the lesson. I begin to get absorbed in my notes when something bonks me on the back of the head. I turn around and of course behind me sits brynn Rumfallo. I reach down to pick up the note that had hit me on the head.

In sloppy hand writing it reads "bet you regret betraying me now that Josh has seen my side of things.

-Brynn"

Ummmmm what the heck does this mean Josh hates brynn.

I hear someone clear their throat in front of me and I look up to see Mr Johnson.

"Passing notes again I see Miss Ziegler."

"Actually I wasn't passing notes." I reply

"Then what's the paper your holding?"

"A note that was passed from Miss Rumfallo back there." I jab my finger back at brynn.

"I was actually doing my work and taking notes," I continue.

Mr Johnson sighs,

He pulls the detention slip pad out of his pocket.

"Detention miss Rumfallo ." He concludes after seeing no notes written down on Brynns papers.

Brynn rolls her eyes before snatching the slip out of his hand and jamming it into her backpack.

My eyes flicker to the clock 2:59 thanks brynn now math class is cut short. No that wasn't sarcasm, I hate math.

The sound of the bell pierces my ears and I snap my binder shut.

"We will continue this lesson tomorrow goodbye class." Mr Johnson dismisses us angrily

"Hey Ziegler" I hear as I step into the hallway.

"What Hyland" I reply turning to look across the hall where Josh is coming out of the Science room.

"When do you get ungrounded" he asks

"Friday" I reply.

"Morning or after school" he asks

"What"

"Morning or after school" he repeats

"I just wanted to know if I could bring you to and from school" he asks

"I don't know" I reply. By that point we had reached my locker and I open it.

"Ask your mom." He says leaning against Brynns locker.

"I will when she decides to stop criticizing every thing I do."

"Fair enough" Josh replies

"Hey josh" I hear Brynns voice as she goes to open her locker.

"Hey brynn" Josh replies moving over by Kendall's locker.

I shut my locker and as I'm walking back towards the doors I hear kendall shout,

"God Hyland I hope you didn't infect my locker or something!" I turn around to see Josh following me with brynn behind him.

I roll my eyes and push the doors open.