Chapter 23: Josh is an alien

Mackenzie
1 day left

"Its your last day!" Josh exclaimes as I hop into the car

"Yay" I reply sarcastically while buckling my seat belt.

Josh looks at me for a second before mumbling something about how he hates his car and pulls out of my driveway.

"What are you gonna do first when you get your phone back" josh asks.

"I really don't know I'll probably check my messages first then Snapchat then Instagram then I don't really know"

"Are you still gonna need a ride to school?"

"Probably"

"That's good"

"Why?"

"Because riding alone is lonely"

"Josh to be quite honest at the moment your the only person I could consider a friend, I don't have my other half Brynn anymore, and without Brynn there goes the rest of her Entourage, and to be honest me and nia don't have anything in common"

"Same Mackenzie."

"Quit lying to try to make me feel better you have plenty of friends"

"They aren't my friends they  are just the people I talk to I don't really consider any of them my friends"

"Oh." I reply ending the conversation.

I fumble around with my keychain on my backpack for a little bit before josh pulls up at the school.

I grab my stuff and get out and josh does the same.

We then walk up to the school together and part ways.

I really don't feel like I will ever get treated the same as I used to before me and Brynn fell out, with Brynn everything was different. Brynn is popular, she has friends everyone looks at her and wants to be her, it's really not the same for me if anyone wanted to be me it was only because I was Brynns friend, now everyone just looks at me and thinks nothing, unless of course they follow Brynn then they all hate me too. I really wish things could be the way they were before but they never will.

I take a deep breath and open my locker and carelessly toss my bag in only taking with me the books needed for my first three classes.

I stand there for a second and look at the pictures plastered on the back of my locker of me and Brynn. I sit my books down in front of my locker and rip every picture off the back of my locker and walk down the hall a ways and toss them into the trash can. I return to my locker, slam it shut then grab my books and trudge to my first class.

First period is the classroom period with nobody I like. This period is the one where Brynn was blessed enough to have her Entourage in with her, it was also the class period I become blessed enough to get a seat right next to the it girl, Brynn rumfallo.

Class was endless. It felt like the end of the day would never come but really did I want it too, after school I would go home and sit through hours of homework alone and wait for maddie to get home I would say about two words to maddie then eat a poorly made dinner from my mom then I would take a shower and go to sleep. I guess I did want school to end so I would be another boring task closer to getting my phone back. But did I really want my phone back either? I don't really even know anymore everything at this point just seems pointless and endless.

Finally the bell rings, six more to go I tell myself moving forward to the next class.

The bell rings there too, 5 more to go I mumble to myself heading on to the last class before lunch.

4 more to go I grumble to myself returning my books to my locker and getting into line to eat another inedible meal by the best cafeteria staff in Pittsburgh. Today is chicken sandwich day. Yea the chicken sandwiches are bad but the lunch itself isn't. On chicken sandwich day we get yogurt,  poptarts and plain chips. Those are edible.

I start with my yogurt, then the chips then the pop tart.

"So your quite today what's up?" Josh asks while I eat silently at the loudest lunch table in the cafeteria

"Just not feeling it today"
I shrug as I finish up my poptart

"Oh", josh mumbles laying his bag of chips on my lunch tray and taking my sandwich.

"I still don't understand how you can eat this stuff" I fake gag as I open the bag of chips

"Maybe I'm just an alien but I think it's good"
Josh replies taking a bite out of his second sandwich.

I shake my head in disgust and enjoy my second bag of chips. Yes I enjoyed them.

The rest of the day sortve goes by in a blob, not a blur a blob because it was slow and dreadful after school I did exactly what I knew I was gonna do and somehow found myself smiling as I went to bed that night. Knowing tomorrow has a small chance of not being a blob, at least one thing would be different.