Chapter 20; A small stalking problem?

Mackenzies POV
Monday 4 days left.

Mackenzie continues scribbling down notes in class glancing back up at the clock every few minutes, after the final bell it would be exactly 4 days until mackenzie would get her phone back. She didn't miss it that much but she couldn't help feel excited to get it back.

"Alright class feel free to spend the last 10 minutes working on homework it does no good to teach when your minds are somewhere else"

Mackenzie lets out a yawn and the rest of the class cheers with this statement.

Mr. Johnson was known too well for giving out hours of homework so 10 minutes would barely make a dent.

Mackenzie pulls out her math binder and gets out one of 3 large packets they had been given at the beginning of class to have done by Friday. Mackenzie begins reading through the questions and her brain just isn't there. Sighing I put the packet back into my binder and shove my binder back into my bag. I tap my pencil against the desk till the bell fills my ears. Probably faster then anyone else I get up grab my backpack and bolt out of the classroom.

Not even bothering to make a stop at my locker I head outside.

"What's the hurry" Josh asks catching up with me outside.

"Just sick of school" I reply shrugging as we walk to his car.

"Your always in a bad mood, you know that" Josh says unlocking his car.

"No I'm not" I argue

Josh laughs rolling his eyes.

"Cmon babe loosen up"

"Cmon babe hurry up" I reply as he unlocks his car.

"Kay Babe" Josh teases climbing into his car.

"So where we going" he asks

"Home" I yawn

"Your home?" He asks

"Yep" I reply

"Am I invited" he asks

"Sure" I yawn leaning back in my seat

"How much homework did Johnson give you" he asks

"Loads" I reply gesturing to my backpack. It could just be me but it looks a bit like my backpacks put on a few.

"Same" Josh replies taking a turn

"Oh my god mackenzie!!" Josh shouts all of a sudden

Slightly drifting off to sleep this wakes me "WHAT!!" I shout back

"That car, that white one, that's the one that hit us"

Immediately my head snaps to the side

"Oh my god" I slide down in my seat

"Mackenzie she's parked by the park right across the street from your house"

"She's just sitting there?" I ask

"Yes" Josh replies

"Go back around the block Josh"

"Okay"

Josh turns to go back around the block

"So do you think she's like waiting for us" I ask Josh

"More like stalking you, yeah I think so"

"Oh god" for some odd reason I feel the water works begin to start and I don't really know why. I'd guess it's because brynn is actually taking hating me this far.

"Mackenzie are you crying?" Josh asks turning onto the side of the road

"Don't cry" Josh reassures turning to me

"Sorry" I mumble

"Don't apologize" Josh places his hand on my knee cap and looks at me genuinely concerned.

I wipe my eyes with the sleeve of my sweater.

"Let's just go home" I mumble.

"Okay" Josh starts heading back the road and down back to my house pulls in my driveway. To make it as obvious as possible brynn is parked in the parking lot right across from my house just sitting there.

Josh opens my door for me and we go inside

"Mom, Maddie were home"

"We're?" Maddie asks popping out of the kitchen.

"Oh Josh hey"

"Hey Maddie we have an issue" Josh says walking into the kitchen.

"You don't have to tell her" I mumble following Josh into the kitchen.

I walk straight to the fridge and pull out two gatorades. I slide one across the counter to Josh and keep one for myself.

"Mackenzie here has a bit of a stalker" Josh tells Maddie

"What" Maddie asks glancing up from her homework.

"Somebody was parked at the park across the street that we don't really like and was staring at us"

"Um was it brynn"
Maddie asks

"Correct" Josh replies taking a swig out of his Gatorade.

"I'm freaking hungry" I mumble looking through the fridge.

"Ugh whatever cmon Josh lets go upstairs" I grab my backpack and head up the stairs with Josh behind me.

I sprawl out on one side of my bed pulling out my math book and my packet.

Josh sprawls out next to me and does the same.

"Homework sucks" I mumble

"I know right" Josh replies groaning

"Let's just not do it"

"Well what else do we have to do?"

"Let's just watch a movie" Josh suggests

"Okay" I pile my notebooks back into my bag and Josh is propped up on my pillow already looking through Netflix

I rest my head on his chest as for once Let him pick out a scary movie.

He tosses the remote off to the side and pulls up the blanket knowing I get cold easily.

He begins to run his fingers through my hair as we watch the movie.

"I hate scary movies" I mumble

"But i love you" Josh replies