Chapter 16; Screwed up there

Joshs POV

"Josh Hyland please report to the office" knowing I don't think I did anything wrong a breath hitches in my throat.

Nervously I listen to the oohs and aahs and pat mackenzie on the head as I leave the cafeteria.

I walk as slowly as I feel I can down the hallway towards the office.

I push open the door to the office getting smilies from the secretary I wave and walk past them to Mr. Andersons office.

I open the door to see Brynn sitting in one chair wiping her eyes with a tissue and Mr Anderson sitting behind his desk, fuming.

"Sit" he growls I take the other seat nervously next to brynn

"Do you even know why your here" he barks

"No?"

"Brynn care to explain why"

"Josh and his little mutt mackenzie-"

"Did you just call mackenzie a mutt" I bark at her

"Hyland be quiet let Miss Brynn talk"

"Anyways," she shoots me a glare "Josh and his mutt mackenzie have been bullying me! Not just calling me names and stuff but pushing me down in the hall and kicking me and all sorts of terrible things! And not just that but they constantly make out everywhere"

"Oh please" I cross my arms

"Josh is this true"

"No!"

He raises an eyebrow

"How dare you lie like that" brynn fake sniffles

"I've barely even spoken to you brynn!"

"Okay brynn leave we are getting mackenzie I'll speak to you later sweetie"

Mr Anderson narrows his eyes at me as if I'm some sort of criminal as he picks up his phone to call the class Mackenzie should be in.

"Yes I need Miss Ziegler" he waits for a moment before hanging up.

After placing his phone down he stares back at me

"What makes you think-" he begins before I cut him off

"I didn't do anything to brynn I can only remember speaking to her like twice"

"Why would she lie about that"

"Because she's crazy and has some sort of grudge on mackenzie and I guess that includes me"

"Why does that include you"

"Because mackenzie is my best friend"

"Who's your best friend" mackenzie asks from the door brynn had left open

I smile at her, "sit" Mr Anderson barks, just like he did to me.

Mackenzie sits in the seat brynn sat in.

"So why am I here" mackenzie asks

"I've had a report that you and Josh have been bullying-"

Mackenzies jaw drops at that "what who"

"I can't tell you who"

"It was brynn" i pipe in.

"Hyland" he shoots me a look "be quiet"

"Sorry sir" I mumble

"Anyways mackenzie, Brynn, has reported that you and Josh have not only been mentally bullying her, but also psychical, and not only bullying but, making out in the hallways, which is clearly against rules"

"That just isn't true" mackenzie crosses her arms.

"She showed me scratches and a bruise on her arm"

"Anybody can fake that" mackenzie crosses her arms

"Why would she"

"BECAUSE SHE HATES ME"

"Okay that's enough ziegler, Hyland I'll see you after school"

Face palm

If mackenzies mom knows she's in trouble she'll probably get grounded again.

As we were walking down the hallway she turns to me and mumbles "wait 5 minutes then meet me in the hallway outside the bathroom"

"K" I reply turning into math as mackenzie continues down the hallway.

"Hyland" Mrs. Landis mumbles as I enter her room

I sit down towards the back and listen about 5 or six minutes through the lesson before raising my hand.

"Josh" she calls on me

"Can I go use the bathroom"

"I guess" I get up and walk down by the women's bathroom and see Maxkenzie standing in front of the janitors closet waiting.

She pulls me in

"I need to call my mom"

"K" I pull my phone out of my pocket

"Hey mom" mackenzie calls her mom

"Mackenzie ziegler your suppose to be in school"

"Yeah I know brynn went to Anderson and lied and said me and josh were bullying her and stuff so we have to stay after"

"Ashlee's been acting weird at work all day..."

"Okay I'll see you when I get home"

"Alright bye"

She hangs up then hands my phone back.

"Cya after school" I mumble as I kiss her on the cheek and walk out.

Mackenzie follows behind me and waves as she heads to her room.