Chapter 13; He loves me.. Or so i thought

Mackenzies POV

"So how much longer do you have without that phone" Maddie asks.

"2 weeks!" I reply

"How much do you miss it" Maddie asks turning down the radio.

"A lot" I reply turning my attention out the window

"Josh really likes you"

"Maybe"

"You like him too"

"Negatory"

Maddie bursts out laughing as she turns into the mall parking lot.

"What I don't"

"Sure"

Maddie puts her car in park and gets out.

I rush to catch up with her

"MADDIE I DONT" I whisper shout.

"Okay I believe you Mackenzie."

I roll my eyes pulling open the door.

"Okay where do you wanna go first" I ask maddie

"Hmm lets go Forever 21 then Victoria's Secret?" Maddie suggests

I shrug following Maddie.

I follow her around the whole store for about an hour her picking every shirt up asking how it will look on her, everytime I give the same answer. 'It'll look amazing Maddie' and she disagrees everytime. Until finally she decides on one simple black tshirt with a gray pocket, AND THATS IT.

I sigh following Maddie out of the store and on the way to Victoria's Secret Maddie decides to make a detour to the food court.

"Pizza or salad mackenzie?" Maddie asks.

"Pizza" I reply

"That was a trick question, you don't wanna be fat we are getting salad." I roll my eyes.

"I really don't care just get me something"

Maddie orders two salads and waters, as I find as a table.

I sit tapping my fingers against the table occasionally taking a sip of water or a bite of my salad.

But of course I can't go to the mall unwillingly without drama, my life just gets even worse every day.

I feel  a piece of me shatter when I see Joshua Hyland walk in,

With his arm around brynn. They walk in laughing about something making their way over to the Mexican place right by we were sitting.

He had taken Brynns hand by now and as they ordered he snaked his arm  around Brynns waist. And after ordering they walk off to find a table.

Just when I thought things couldn't get any worse he kisses brynn.

Maddie isn't noticing any of this since she's eating her salad without a care in the world.

But of course when he pulls away from his kiss they happen to be right next to our table and Josh knocks over my water, all over me.

Still not noticing it's my drink he knocked over he turns around

"Oh, sor-"

I get up not being able to stand it, having the attention of most of the people in the foodcourt I stand up and run out crying.

I thought I could handle more then this after all within a month it feels like my life was torn out of me, but this whole time I had Josh supporting me, now I have no one

So what If I give up on trying to figure this out.

So what if I make a fool out of myself in front of 50% of the mall.

So what if I lock myself in the bathroom for 20 minutes.

So what if no one even cares.

••

I hear the click of Maddies designer heels enter the bathroom,

"Mackenzie" she simply says

I can now see her heels in front of the stall and I can imagine her standing there with her arms crossed.

I ignore her.

"Mackenzie!" She snaps

"Go. Away.Maddie"

She stands there silently until I hear the click of another pair of designer heels.

"Mackenzie" another voice says, this time it's brynn.

I clench my fists ready to go off on her, but I can't.

"Go away" I repeat

"Mackenzie this is your last chance get out or I'm leaving you here to walk home"

"Go ahead and leave"

I hear Maddie walk back out.

"Mackenzie" brynn repeats

"Okay brynn what do you want"

"I want to apologize"

"Damn right you want to apologize"

"Not just for kissing Josh, but for getting mad at you when you kissed Josh, for not being a good friend, for not being your best friend, mackenzie I'm terrible I know you needed me and I left you"

"Brynn I never have and never will need you I know the only person I can trust is me now, and I'm okay with that, I know you did it once whos to say you won't betray me again"

"If you don't wanna forgive me you don't have too"

"I don't wanna forgive you"

"Whatever" then brynn walks out.

I sit there for probably about another 5 minutes until I hear screaming right outside the girls bathroom.

I come out of the stall and listen

"Fine brynn then You can leave and never talk to me again, you hurt her and it was my job to protect her and I failed. I know I can still try bye getting rid of you"

"Fine Josh I'm leaving"

I come out of the bathroom

"Oh  mackenzie" Josh turns around and walks over to me

"I am so sorry" I can see the tears in his eyes and tell he is truly  sorry

"I know" I reply, that's when the waterworks come, from both of us

I wrap my arms around Josh and begin sobbing into his chest as he cries back.

"Mackenzie I will do anything and everything to make this up to you, if that means never speaking to another girl  besides my sisters, if that means sneaking into your house every night to spend time with you until your ungrounded, if that means waiting outside of each of your classes to walk you to the next one, even if that means you never want me to speak you again. I just want you to feel okay again and I will do anything for you to feel that way"

"Josh"

"Just stop okay"

I let a smile spread across my lips

"It's okay