Chapter 17; Exposing Brynn

Mackenzie

"So we are going to work this out civilly, no yelling and no arguing" Mr. Anderson barks

I look and Josh and roll my eyes causing him to almost start laughing.

Mr Anderson shoots me a look then looks back and brynn and motions for her to begin.

"I have began to feel threatened by mackenzie and Josh" is all she says.

"Why?" I ask

"Because you guys are mean!" She nearly yells.

I know this is about Josh rejecting her and 'choosing me over her'.

"What did I ever do to you brynn, you realize me and Josh both know what this is about its about you being jealous since you've had this little crush on Josh since I don't know when and Josh all of a sudden likes me  and it made you made and it caused you to for one slap me and for two attempt to freaking run me over when you don't even have your license and you used your brothers car! And still you wanted to ruin me so you tried to get Josh and when Josh rejected you its lead to this so it baffles that me that my best friend would and could stoop this low!!" I yell at her before grabbing my backpack and walking out the door Josh following.

Leaving a baffled brynn and mr Anderson.

I burst out into laughter and lean onto joshs shoulder as we are outside heading to his car.

"Good one mackenzie" Josh laughs as he unlocks his car.

I climb into the passenger seat and he begins driving away.

"I should probably call my mom and tell her I'm on my way home" I tell Josh as I grab his phone out of the console and dial my moms number.

"Hello"

"Hey we are on our way home"

"You didn't stay that long after did you"

"Nah we took care of brynn I think"

"Oh god, you do remember I still have to work with Ashlee everyday right"

Ashlee, Brynns mom. and my mom both worked at our local dance studio where Maddie dances.

"Yes mom"

"Okay I'll see you soon then"

"Okay bye"

I hang up then turn to Josh.

"Why is my moms contact saved as Ms. Ziegler" I ask

" i don't know

"Well I'm changing it"

I click on my moms contact and change Ms Ziegler. To Melissa The grandma.

"Oh my gosh mackenzie what did you change it to" Josh asks

"Melissa the grandma" I shrug placing his phone back into the console

"Um okay why"

"Because she's old" I simply reply as Josh pulls into my driveway

"Okay bye" Josh says hitting the unlock button

"Bye Josh" I reply hopping out of his car and walking inside

"Hey sweetie" mom greets as I enter the kitchen.

"Yo" i reply getting into a bar stool and grabbing a banana out of the fruit bowel.

"You excited to get your phone back next Friday?"

"Defiantly, and just in time for winter break too"

My mom laughs as she grabs her purse "I'll see yeah after Maddies dance class bye Kenz" she kissed me on the cheek as she leaves the kitchen.

I boredly finish my banana  and as I'm heading back to the mud room to get my backpack to work on homework the home phone rings again.

This time I'm sortve just figuring it's Josh.

I answer "hey"

"Hey sweetie!" My grandma answers...
What.

"Hey Grandma what's up"

"Well I tried yours your moms and even maddies cell and they all went to voicemail"

"Hm I don't know why maddie or mom didn't answer but I lost my phone"

"Oh how'd you lose it"

"I lost it in a bet I get it back next Friday"

"Oh that's not good"

"Yeah it really sucks"

"So could I talk to your mother"

"She's with maddie at dance but I'll have her call you when she gets home"

"Okay bye"

"Bye"

I place the phone back where it goes and go to get my backpack again when I come back the home phone is ringing... Again.

"Hello" I answer

"Hey Kenzie"

"Hey bro"

"I'm bored"

"Me too"

"After burning up all your data I ran out of things to do"

"I'd kill you are you serious"

"No stupid I'm not serious"

"So why'd you call"

"I wanted to take you somewhere besides Bdubs"

"Sounds good"

"Kay I'm on my way"

I roll my eyes.

"Bye Josh"

"Bye kenzie"

••

Eek this sucks mostly dialogue the definition of a filler.. PLZ don't kill me