Chapter 18; Somewhere besides Bdubs

Mackenzie

Friday; one week left

"Geez how long does it take you to get ready, and you don't even know where we are going!" Josh mumbles crossing his arms as he sits on my toilet seat while I get ready.

10 minutes after he got here im still in the same sweatpants and tshirt I changed into when I got home and the only thing done is my hair.

Working on the makeup.

"Besides your face looked better before this" he gestures to my eyeshadow pallet and several sticks of liquid eyeliner an lipstick.

I laugh to myself as I apply the liquid lipstick.

"We won't really have a choice of where we want to go when your finally done because most places will be closed" Josh shouts down the hallway as I enter my room to get an outfit.

"And we will miss the movie!"

"Good" I reply rummaging through my closet

I can just feel Josh roll his eyes as he enters my room.

"Is the good" I ask pulling out a pair of jeans and a sweater

"Define good" be crosses his arms in the doorway.

I walk over to him and punch him on the arm before walking back into my closet to change.

"Are you ready yet" Josh asks as I come out of the closet (lmao 😂😂 not like that)

"Yep" I reply grabbing my bag.

"You don't need that" Josh grabs the strap of my bag to take it off my shoulder.

"Why"

"Because I'm paying" he smirks tossing the bag back on my bed.

"Um okay.. But I just need to write my mom a note real quick she's at dance with maddie"

"I already did"

"Oh thanks then let's go"

I shove him out of the way and walk downstairs.

He follows me as I climb into the passenger seat and he gets into the drivers.

"So where the heck are we gonna go besides bdubs" I ask

"Hm don't know" Josh responds.

"Ooooo Olive Garden" I reply

"Sounds good to me" Josh says as I rest my hand on top of his on the gear shift.

Josh taps his fingers against the steering wheel

I yawn boredly and mumble "and you said I was taking forever

He rolls his eyes "you realize it will take longer if we get pulled over for speeding"

I guess you could say joshs biggest fear was breaking the law.

I kick my feet  up on the dash and watch him as he drives.

He's so cute.

"Okay Kenz we're here" he taps me on the shoulder as he drives around Olive Garden looking for a place to park.

I take my feet off the dash and yawn as I wait for him to park.

He slides into a spot, eventually. And jumps out of the car before coming around to open my passenger side door. 

He holds out his hand and i unbuckle my seatbelt and grab his hand

"Ooo fancy" I smirk

He smiles as he puts his arm around my waist and begins walking into Olive Garden.

"How many"

"Two" Josh replies pulling out his credit card

I rest my arm around his waist as we follow the waitress to our table.

She places the menus down on the table and walks away.

I slide in the booth across from Josh.

"So what do you usually get" Josh asks me

"Well last time me and Maddie came here I just got normal spaghetti"

"That's my favorite" Josh replies setting his menu down.

I just smile in response as I set my menu down as well.

"Sooo" Josh says awkwardly

I rip off the edge of my straw wrapper and blow it at Josh.

Josh smirks as he does the same I flick it back to him and we begin flipping it back and forth again.

"Um excuse me" the rude waitress interrupts

"Sorry" I mumble looking at her

"Are you ready to order" she asks narrowing her eyes

"Yeah" Josh answers "just two spaghetti meals please"

"Alright" she says as she scribbles some stuff down on her note pad before shuffling away.

I look at Josh and roll my eyes causing him to laugh.

He rolls his eyes and response in flicks the straw wrapper at me and hits me in the chin with it.

I smirk at him "Joshua Hyland you will regret doing that"