[26] : CHRISTMAS IN GODRIC'S HALLOW

CHAPTER 26 // CHRISTMAS IN GODRIC'S HALLOW

。☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆。

WINTER HAD BEGAN AS THE TRIO HAD BEEN TRAVELING FOR WHAT SEEMED LIKE YEARS. Since Ron had left, Hermione had been in quite a fragile state since then, only saying a few words here and there. Blaire had been just a bit distance from Harry, only sparing him a few glances every once in awhile. The once power couple were on rocky waters, crashing onto shore with injuries that seem to be unfixable-even with magic. The brunette witch had looked over at Harry, who was intently studying the golden snitch that Dumbledore had given him from his will. She then looked over a Hermione, who was staring out into mountains, her feet edges away from the edge of the cliff.

"Hermione, Blaire?" Harry called out to the two girls, as he rushed towards them. "Blaire, you were right. Snitches have flesh memory, but I did not catch the first snitch with my hand. I almost swallowed it."

The raven-haired boy handed the snitch over to the brunette, who cocked an eyebrow up, reading the engraved writing upon the gold band. "I open at the close."

"What do you think it means?" Harry asked looking at the two brunettes.

"I don't know," Blaire honestly answered, still looking at the strange writing.

"I found something as well," Hermione started, piping her voice up. "At first I thought it was an eye, but now I don't think it is. And it's no rune, it's nowhere in the Spellman's Syllabury. Someone wrote it in there, someone inked it in, it isn't apart of the book," Hermione had pointed to a triangle shape in the book, that had happen to look just a bit like an eye.

Blaire gave the symbol a curious look, not knowing what it meant or what it was. It was like she's seen it somewhere before, but she didn't quite understand it. "Luna's dad was wearing that at the wedding," she stated.

"Why would someone draw it in a children's book?" Blaire questioned, earning shrugs from her friends.

It was silent for a quick minute before Harry's voice erupted through the area. "Blaire, Hermione, I've been thinking, I want to go to Godric's Hallows. It's where I was born, where my parents died," he expressed.

Hermione shook her head furiously. "That's exactly why they'll expect you to go, it means something to you."

"But, it means something to him too, Hermione," Blaire stated referring to Voldemort, like it was the most obvious thing in the world.