The Sadness Of Death

Who am I? Who am I?
Memories ate me when I got to my room. Those mens could have done me something horrible if that man...Makishima, hadn't been there. Still...Is that the man who did those horrible things? Is the man Kogami hates so much? Maybe it was just someone that looked like him, but I couldn't be sure, though he saved me and he did those horrible things, there's no doubt...
I thought all this while remembering my past..ho... how I got here?

Tears started running from my face, I... I...I didn't planed to have this life... I..it just took me by surprise and now I'm so...in this kind of prison...I don't want to live like a hound dog all my life.

"It's not what I wanted.." - I whispered as I let out of my mouth a little sob
"No one will ever want this." - said interrupting, the orange-haired boy
"What are you doing here!?" - I shouted angrily and with tears in my eyes. Noticing that there were tears in my eyes I turned my back "Why don't you just go and leave me alone?" - I asked with a weak voice
"I can't, Mitsuki. There is something in you that...don't know how to explain it. It's very enigmatic and curious and..."
"And what?"
"I want to know you."
"No, you don't want to know me. If you knew me...you would end up leaving me, like all the people who tried to know me." - I said crossing my arms and wiping my tears
"That is." - he replied
"What?"
"That kind of attitude is what prompts me to want to know you more"
Before I could say another word he interrupted me
"And I promise that whatever you have in your past I don't intend to know and...I only care about the present, and you... you're a good person."
"Kagari..."
"Hey..." - he said getting close and wiping my tears - "If you don't tell anybody, I'll show you a secret, I think that will make you feel better."
"O...ok and Kagari..."
"Huh?"
"Thank you."

He smiled as he took my hand and led me...
We reached the balcony of the lounge of the PSB.
"Kagari, is past midnight, there is no one in the office, everything is dark and I already came here before." - I said
"We still didn't get." - he said opening the door to exit to the balcony, he took me to the edge of the railing and began to touch his communicator
"Kagari, what are you doing?"
"I getting it off my wrist." - he said floundering the chain
"Kagari, you can't, It is impossi..." - but before I could end up the sentence, I was interrupted by the sound of open of the communicator. Kagari removed it, when he removed it, I could see Kagari's wrist and ugly mark the chain that had left om his wrist, if it were just a little tighter he'll bleed...
"The enforcers communicator is designed to make it difficult to remove them in case enforcers escape fast but..I have all night to get it out."
"You can't.."
"May l?" - He said extending his hand. I gave him my hand and carefully, more or less in about 80 seconds he could take my communicator off.
"Ok..now you're ready." - he said taking the two communicators and leaving them in a dark corner of the balcony, so nobody can find them. Kagari headed a corner and pressing a hidden button a rope was shown running from the balcony to the floor
"Ka...Kagari, ho..how?"
"I did it a while ago...I hid the rope with a a hologram and it has the length of 38 floors high and then I just have to jump about two or three meters."
"Do...do you want me to escape?"
"Who said anything about escaping?" - He said up to the railing - "You coming?"

The moon looked beautiful there, it was so bright that was reflected in the water, the gentle breeze caressed my face making my hair to move slightly. A flashing star in the distance as if it was trying to say something...
"It's...it's beautiful."
"I found this place while we had a mission. A corpse was found in the park, away from this place of course, and I was sent to investigate the place."
I looked and I went to sit on the green grass on the banks of the small lake, he sat beside me...
"Kagari, can ask you a question?"
"Huh? Mm...yeah sure, what is it?"
"Why don't you just run away? I mean...right now you have no binding or any chain, you can disappear and it would be a complete mystery."
"Because...I know no other life."
"Huh?" - I looked confused
"I already told you, didn't I? I was locked up in complete isolation for my high crime coefficient since I was five. I went back out to the outside world just a few months ago"
"Even so...you'll live a quiet life...away from all of this, don't you think of leaving the country?"
"Yes, many times. But I always get to the same conclusion. Freedom has its price. I'd rather be a latent criminal instead of a latent criminal fugitive and chased whose future is execution."
I looked for a moment and saw the sadness in his eyes, those brown eyes that sparkled when he raised his head to the moon
"I guess...you're right. I still don't like to kill people...it's sad when people die."
"Ye..yes...you know but I think that..it is just another citizen who had no chance and was rejected...Mitsuki?" - He asked me when he saw that I started to gently splashing water of the lake.
"Yes Kagari. You're right"

It is sad when people die...