Cake - With Cream

It was Wednesday, they were in Austria and they had one more day before resuming their tour and some last minute rehearsals were in order. Well, it was not much of a rehearsal since they were singing mostly songs which were not theirs and they were messing around with the instruments; pretty much the usual stuffs.

"Guys, let's do one last song," Michael said after getting their attentions.

"Yeah, which one?" Luke asked as he turned to the boy.

"Waste the night."

"Alright," the younger boy grinned.

Setting his guitar aside, he took the mic and walked over to Michael, winking at him while he sang his verse. Luke loved doing that song because it happened to be one of his favourites off the album and he was practically the star of that song when doing it live. It was all good but three pairs of eyes turned to Calum when he did not sing the second verse.

"Cal? You're supposed to be singing," Luke said, turning to look at him.

"Sorry... I... huh... I'm tired and distracted. Can we stop?"

"Yeah, let's just do this one," Luke looked at him expectantly.

Calum sighed. "Fine."

"Is that a new shirt?" Michael asked, his eyes never leaving the youngest of them.

"Yep," Luke smiled brightly. "Ashton got it for me."

Scoffing, Michael turned to the drummer and spoke in his mic. "You got him a shirt? You've never gotten me anything. Or Calum."

"Well, we had a deal. I promised I'd get him a shirt if he does something for me."

"Why do I have the impression that you two have been fucking again?"

"Who knows?" Luke interrupted. "Maybe we have, maybe we haven't," he let out a tiny laugh before biting the side of his lower lip, where his piercing used to be.

"You've never really said what happened to your piercing," Ashton pointed out as he watched Luke chew on his bottom lip.

"Huh... I was taking a little walk down a dark alley with Michael the other night and I think I dropped it there. I was slightly drunk, I don't know," he shrugged.

"A walk?" Calum huffed. "You two were eating each other's faces and you'd probably have end up fucking then and there if I didn't pull you apart. This is ridiculous. Am I the only one in this band who's not having sex?"

"Yeah, I can see you're really tired," Michael raised an eyebrow at the bassist. "This is definitely not you talking. Let's get some rest."

O.O.O.O.O

Calum opened his eyes when he heard someone opening his door but closed it almost immediately; whoever that was, he would have to come back later, probably in the morning, when he was more awake and less tired. He let his eyes close, waiting for sleep to come over him and sweep him into the land of dreams, when he felt the mattress dip behind him. It was probably one of his bandmates because only they would take the freedom to barge into someone's hotel room when they were asleep and wake them up. If he just ignored that person and refused to acknowledge his presence, he would leave and that was what Calum intended to do. So, he patiently waited in silence, with his eyes closed, but instead of leaving, that person turned the lights on. The brunette restrained himself from sighing and kept pretending he was asleep, that was until he felt something cold against his naked back and he flinched.

"Cal, I know you're awake," Luke said, breaking the silence.

Luke; he should have known.

"I've been sitting here for two minutes and forty-seven seconds. Quit pretending."