MUKE - Senses

Lourrygum
Ao3

“You okay, Luke? You look kind of off.”

“’M fine.” Luke snaps at Ashton, distancing himself a little more from him as subtly as he can. It’s probably not subtle at all, since he has to move onto the next chair at the dining table. Ashton’s always been an alpha, and Luke’s always been an omega but he has no fucking clue why that fact is affecting him so much today. Trying to steady his breathing, he prays that Calum doesn’t notice anything between Luke and his mate and, in turn, deck him in the face. He also wishes that Michael would fucking come home because he’s starting to freak out.

Feeling Ashton’s eyes still on his face, Luke stands up to go to his room, nearly knocking the chair over altogether in the process. Ashton is starting to smell way too good to be healthy for any of them. He feels a familiar tugging sensation in his lower stomach and the reality of the situation seems to hit him at the same time that it hits Ashton.

“You’re going into heat.” The older boy says.

“Oh thank God,” Luke breathes, the burden of finding himself inexplicably attracted to Ashton removed from his heart. He figures that right now, he’d be attracted to anyone who could knot him. And this is only the beginning. Fuck. “How did you know?”

“I can smell it,” he says, drumming his fingers against the table in an attempt to be casual, just as Calum wanders into the kitchen to join them. Luke doesn’t miss the way Calum catches his scent, eyes him and then sits possessively in Ashton’s lap. Ashton turns and presses his lips to Calum’s neck, breathing him in. Luke rolls his eyes, but doesn’t miss the way his stomach tightens at the simple display of affection. “I’m gonna go,” He blurts, turning and leaving the kitchen.

“You should call Michael,” Calum calls helpfully after him.

Slamming his bedroom door shut, he takes a few deep breaths and looks at the pros and cons. A major pro was that they were on a short break, and living in an actual house for the time being, as opposed to a hotel room or – Luke shudders at the thought – the tour bus. He thinks back to when Calum had had to spend as little as half a day of his heat on the bus, how desperate he’d been, and how embarrassed he’d been that the whole fucking band and some of their crew had been a witness to that.

When he looks at the whole picture like that, Luke can’t really think of any cons. Apart from the fact that Michael had gone out shopping for this one specific brand of shampoo and wouldn’t be back until God knows when. Luke whimpers quietly.

The dull ache in his stomach starts to grow more pronounced, demanding his attention as opposed to asking for it. He strides away from the door and sits on his bed, thinking about his past heats and how quickly they affected him. He tries to think back to his last heat, about 6 months ago, and his brain fills with the memory of Michael holding him still as he squirmed around his knot. He shudders and figures he has about an hour before-

The term heat is in no way hyperbolic. Fire rushes through every vein in his body, searing him from the inside out. He flattens out on the bed, running a hand through his hair and shuddering. His cock throbs and he feels the unmistakable moisture that tells him he’s fucking leaking all over the bed. He tries to take a breath, think of what to do, but any thought that isn’t in line with sating the growing need inside of him is efficiently kicked to the curb. He definitely does not have an hour.

Struggling to pull his tracksuit pants off of himself, he hears Calum’s voice outside of the door. “Luke?” He calls, sounding sorry for his possessive behaviour earlier. “You want me to call Michael for y-“

“Yeah, please,” Luke says, teeth digging into his bottom lip to contain his moan as he wraps his hand around his cock. It’s fucking far from what he needs, but he can’t stop himself from chasing whatever relief he can get. His cock leaks steadily as he jerks himself off, the slick warmth yanking the whimpers out of his throat whether he means to make them or not. “F- fuck, Calum, hurry.”