CAKE - Dogs and Harambe

Credits : Migs - Migs is the best fucking writer.
Ao3

Luke had it enough with Calum and his puppy hogging which Luke was quite sure was against rules or something.

5SOS Have officially been on a tour for two weeks now and it just so happened that their stylist acquired a puppy. And it was not just any puppy. It was a golden retriever puppy which are like kings of all the puppies. They are small and chubby and fluffy and cute and everything that is good on this world. Luke is quite sure that rainbow appears on the sky every time new puppy is born.

Now, everyone knows that kittens are Michael's thing. And everyone knows that puppies are Calum's. So they have this rule where Calum has priority access to all and any dogs that happen to stumble in the band's space. So it was only natural that Calum was the first to gain access to the little ball of fur or God's most perfect creature. There was just one issue Luke had with this arrangement. Calum would not let the little pup go. Now, when Michael and Ashton were happy to coo and admire the perfect creation from afar Luke wanted to play and touch the little miracle himself. Only Calum would not let him.

The older boy adopted a tendency to run the other way when he saw the taller boy make his way towards the bassist and the perfection he was clutching in his arms.

"You can't hog him forever!" The blond yelled after the Maori boy who ran towards the stage area as soon as he noticed Luke stumbling into the backstage room on his way from catering.

"Wouldn't be so sure about that." Snorted Ashton from his lotto yoga position or whatever the fuck it was called.

"Second that. That boy would rather play with the damn dog than have his dick sucked." Michael agreed with the drummer.

And well, didn't that just give an idea to Luke.

"Where are you going? You have that 'devilish grin' going on. Please don't burn the place down. Again." Michael yells after Luke who doesn't bother with answering.

He is a man on the mission. He is a man on the bus trying to locate Michael's second suitcase or as Michael calls it 'the black hole'. The name deriving from the fact that whatever makes it inside usually doesn't come out again until the end of the tour.

Once he manages to drag the big suitcase from the rack between the bunk bed and door to the back of the bus he makes sure no one is around to catch him poke around the 'suitcase of doom' that will most definitely not make it to tonight's hotel. Luke was a man on a mission. The mission being locate a small black bag Luke might or might have not burry in there at the beginning of the tour. Once he finally located it under a pile of brand new white T-shirts that will most definitely not see a daylight if Michael has any say in it he unzips it and checks that all three items are still safely tucked inside. The blond smiles at the untouched content of the bag. Perfect. Now all Luke has to do is wait for the evening.

*

"Sugar is not here." Calum says without even looking into Luke's direction when he lets himself into Calum's room.

"Well, the white one might not be but the brown one most definitely is." Luke replies cheekily as he makes his way towards the double bed where Calum is currently sitting against the headboard whilst watching something on the tv.

"You are so fucking lame Hemmings." Calum snorts as Luke kicks his shoes off and climbs up the bed.

"What are you doing here anyway?" Calum finally redirects his attention to the blond who's fumbling with the pillows.

"I came to cuddle." Luke smiles way too enthusiastically for Calum's taste.

"Go bother Michael then."