Chapter Eight

A/N: I made it! It's still Friday! Thanks for reading this installment of The Heir. It was rough, but I'm making progress. If you like this chapter, don't forget to vote/comment/share, etc. 

*cough cough warning smut ahead*

See you soon, 

S.S.

Chapter Eight

Omyra was a lively city that dominated Rhys Island. The island itself sat like a slice cut from the mainland, the Kyrs River splitting in two to flow around it. Two huge bridges linked the island to the main continent on either side of it. All of this was visible from the bird's eye view they got as they travelled to their destination via a large luxury helicopter.

They landed on a private, discreet heliport and were immediately ushered into a waiting black armored limo while the four bodyguards from Levi's personal unit piled into the black SUV behind it. Cristiano, the only bodyguard that Phoenix had been forced to bring along, slid into the front passenger seat of the limo next to the stoic driver. The drive took about forty minutes, which Amaris filled with meaningless chatter that engaged everyone, even the surly Phoenix and stoic driver.

The second they arrived at the gates, Amrei, who had been sandwiched between Levi and Amaris, breathed a sigh of relief. She was seriously wound up, and travelling for so long in cramped spaces did not help her mood.

The vehicles drove through the high white gates of Briarwood Estate onto a smooth, slightly curved flagstone driveway that led to the front entrance of the two story mansion. Trees and hedges were placed around the perimeter of the estate and near the mansion itself in order to increase the privacy of the property. The driver drove them up to the front steps of the residence, hurriedly exiting the vehicle to open a door for them to exit from.

As they exited the vehicle, the doors were thrust open suddenly as a vibrant teenaged girl emerged, grinning in excitement.

"Lee!!" she exclaimed exuberantly. Bounding down the stairs, she leapt onto Levi, forcing him to release Amrei's hand to catch her. "It's been centuries!"

"Serenity", Levi said. His lips curved slightly into a fond half-smile, though he was holding her up a bit awkwardly. "It has certainly been some time. Where are your siblings?"

Serenity pulled back, a grin still plastered on her face. She was barely of average height, and had a fair, creamy complexion. She had elven features, with sparkling green eyes and wavy brown hair carelessly secured in a messy bun. Her slim figure was currently garbed in a loose soft tee and tight skinny jeans, comfortable-looking dark flats on her feet.

"They're coming now, with Mom and Dad."

"Who is this angel that you've brought here with you, Cousin Levi?" a masculine voice asked. A young man who seemed to be around the same age as Amaris strode quickly down the stairs, his eyes riveted on the youngest Sarafian. He came to a halt before her, his silvery-gray eyes filled with awe.

"My name is Trivane Sloane", he said smoothly. He took her hand and bent to press a kiss on the back of it, his straight auburn hair falling over his eyes with the movement. "I am humbled to be in the presence of such great beauty." Amaris pulled her hand out of his, looking at it in distaste.

"Yuck."

"How cruel, of you, my angel! You wound my heart - but since it's already yours, you can do whatever you want to it", Trivane said fervently. Amaris scowled.

"The only heart I'm interested in having is Amrei's. Unfortunately, that's not an option, so I'll have to settle for some other badass, brilliant, beautiful woman's", Amaris declared firmly.