Chapter Thirteen

Dear readers,

I'm not back yet. I'm just procrastinating. 

Since the last time I posted, I've moved out my mom's house, lost my laptop and had to sit around as Hurricane Matthew ran all over us. I have two weeks of homework to catch up on, but my brain demanded I write, so here you go: Chapter Thirteen, and on a Friday as usual XD. 

A lot of things happen in here. 

You're welcome. ;)

Song related. Sort of.

xoxo,

S.S. 

Chapter Thirteen

"Welcome back, everyone!" Behati exclaimed as she met them in the foyer of the grand entrance, sans shoes. She pressed light kisses on the cheeks of both of her children, completely ignoring the dark scowl etched into Phoenix's face. She grinned broadly at the group as servants flocked around them to take their things away.

"How was it?" she asked. "Did you have fun? Siobhan told me that you were all lovely house guests. I hope you took pictures like I asked, Cristiano!"

"Of course, my queen. I have already emailed you all of them." He bowed in respect as he addressed her. She reached out and patted his head lightly.

"You're such a good boy, Cristiano. Thank you!"

"I am always in your service, my queen."

"I'm going to bed", Phoenix announced with an even deeper scowl. She flounced off.

"If you would excuse me...?" Cristiano waited for Behati to give him leave to go.

"Go ahead", Behati replied, waving a hand dismissively, her attention already elsewhere.

"It was awesome!" Amaris proclaimed. "Thank you so much for sending us!"

"No need to thank me - by the time I'm through with those two we'll be family anyway." She motioned at Amrei and Levi. Amrei shifted uncomfortably, glancing up at Levi.

"Any progress on that?" she asked Amaris in a loud whisper.

Amaris glanced back at her older sibling, then grinned mischievously. Leaning forward, she whispered loudly back.

"They're together now", she said. Behati gasped in delight. She turned back to the other two and grinned broadly.

"Congratulations! I'm so happy for both of you! We must start the wedding plans at once!"

Amrei looked even more uncomfortable at that declaration.

"Mom, please - be still. We're not engaged, just a couple. We're taking this one step at a time."

"Oh", Behati said, her excitement dimming. Her expression turned contemplative. "Do you have that luxury though, Prince Levi?"

"It is what my woman wants and so she shall have it", he replied firmly, wrapping an arm around Amrei's waist and pulling her flush against him.

"Is that how it is?" a frosty female voice asked from behind them. Both Sarafian girls tensed up at the sound of their mother's voice. All looked in her direction. Calanthe stood near the entrance of the palace, her face an expressionless mask. She was dressed in a chocolate brown knee-length sheath dress and a beige blazer, her straight hair pinned into an elegant updo. Pearls graced her neck, wrist and ears and her shoes were the same shade of brown as her dress.