you don't know me

The boy's quickly grabbed what they could and we made our way back to the hotel in tired silence. Instead of going in, we lead them to the parking lot behind it, where a silver Dodge Charger was parked and waiting.

" We're not going in? I'm tired" Larry whined.

" we're not staying here."

" But i thought you checked in, what happened to the car you were taking your luggage out of?" Lau asks.

" Listen frenchy, this isn't our first rodeo. If you want to walk into that hotel lobby covered in blood and looking like death than you,sleeping beauty and your stuffed monkey can all be my guests.

" HE'S NOT A MONKEY!" Larry says patting whats left of patro on the head.....one of his ears falls off.

"Just so we're clear, "Gabriella" and "Diana" checked into the hotel, so allow me to reintroduce your dates for the evening, this is Dani" i say pointing to her " and i am Nik, better known as the bitch that will shoot you if you don't stop asking all these questions and dance your ass into this car!"

I get in the driver seat and slam the door. Lau get's in on the passenger side. Larry and Dani get in the back. I can feel him staring at me as i start the car and pull onto the street.

" WHAT!?"

" either angry or sarcastic, is that all there is to you?"

" My angry sarcasm has kept a bullet out of your ass twice in one night, so i think the words you were looking for were thank you"

" such a shame" he says shaking his head and looking out the window.

" what?"

" Nothing more than a beautiful, hired weapon."

" Just because you're sexy, don't think i won't make you ride the rest of the way in my trunk."

" you think i'm sexy?" he asks smiling that dam beautiful smile again.

" Shut up and look out the window" i say, glancing in the rear view mirror.

Larry has his head on Dani's lap sound asleep. She's playing with his twists,staring out the window. She's always been a sucker for a pretty face. Usually that face has a wife or a girlfriend hidden away somewhere. We were friends long ago if that's what you want to call it, doing jobs together until she made it over the rainbow and became green. something i refused to do. I refuse to be anyone's color coated bitch. After my last job and finding out about her and my ex, i never saw her again. What Amber said keeps replaying in my mind. Her and i are definitely going to have a conversation the first chance i get. I turn and make my way to an up hill street named Laurel to a two-toned brick and yellow house right at the top of the hill. I pull into the garage behind the house and get out. I unlock the back door and walk up the stairs leading to the second floor. Off the kitchen is a hallway where the bathroom is, leading into a living room with hard wood floors, a fireplace and a huge master bedroom with another bathroom off of it. Two more rooms off the front room and another door leading to the top porch.

" You're safe here, no one knows about this place. The best thing to do right now is rest. Help yourself to whatever you'd like. Towels are in the linen closet. We'll talk in the morning."

" Peut-être que nous devrions courir, frère?" ( maybe we should run,brother) Larry say's in french to Lau.

" vous pouvez essayer, mais si elles ne vous reçoivent pas je vais" ( you could try, but if they don't get you, i will) i say to them in french. They both look at me in wide eyed shock.

" Fun fact, i speak six languages. You guys have a good night."

closing the bedroom door.