New Years Eve (holiday bonus)

Laurent is standing over his brother looking him dead in the eye, gun pointed at his head as he lay on the ground looking up at him, both breathing hard,soaking wet.

" I'm going to make this real easy on you, I got a loaded gun and a really itchy trigger finger."

" Laurent cut it out, this has gone too far."  I yell from across the room.

" Shut up! before i wet you too!  You think i don't know what's going on here like i'm some kind of an idiot?  I know everything, i overheard you two talking early this morning when you thought i was sleep."

The sound of tiny footsteps causes everyone to turn towards the hallway, before Laurent could think twice, Larry Jumps up,grabs the child and holds her up in front of him like a shield.

" You wouldn't shoot an innocent baby would you?"  He say's as the baby begins to squirm in his hands.

" No, but i would."  Dani say's, coming from behind the couch with two huge guns in each hand, she pulls the trigger, wetting up the whole place, Laurent by her side.  Larry tosses the baby towards me and pulls out a gun of his own, pointing it towards his wife and his brother.  I snatch the screaming toddler and run behind the kitchen counter, trying not to get hit.  

" OK OK i quit!"  Dani yells dropping her guns,running towards me,grabbing the wet giggling baby out of my arms.

" I told you water guns were a good christmas gift didn't i bro?"  Larry say's laughing.

" Yeah, but don't you ever toss my baby like a rag doll every again." Dani say's giving him the stank eye.

" Like i said, i'm not stupid, i heard yall talking this morning about who ate my cookies, i know it was you Larry."  Laurent said, helping his very pregnant wife up off the ground as two more toddlers, another girl and a boy, looking exactly like the one Dani held in her arms come running into the room.

" We gotta get this place cleaned up,  Everyone will be here soon for the new years party."  I say looking tired but happy.  I woddle over to the window, enjoying the view.  Who knew after all the craziness we''ve all endured these last couple of years that i would be standing here in my own home in Paris, with my own husband and motherhood on the way.  I rub my stomach thinking about my own mother.  She would have loved to know her grandson's.

" How are my boy's doing in there?"  Laurent asks walking up and wrapping his arms around me.

" Fighting,  just like their Daddy and uncle."  I say watching my stomach move around.

" Hey at least it's only two, how in the world did they end up with triplets?"  He say's laughing watching Dani and Larry try to get three laughing toddlers to settle down and get dressed.

I laugh and kiss him on the cheek.

" Before everyone comes over and things get crazy, i just want to tell you now, Happy new Year my husband."

" Happy New Year my life."  He say's bending over and softly kissing me on the lips.

We both stare out the window as snow gently falls around the eiffel tower, still lit up in christmas colors, off in the distance.  People all around getting ready for the new year fire works.  This year i wanted to stay home and just enjoy my family.  Such a strange word coming from someone who spent her life on the run, killing for hire and yet, here i am.  Married to the man who was suppose to be my final job.  He waited for me, they all did,and that's when i decided to put my gun's away for good.  Well, not for good exactly.  Laurent and i have plans for our son's, after all, i am still blue's daughter.........................................