The air i breath

We stopped next to a huge stone wall covered in hieroglyphics, without even looking i can tell Larry is not far behind, watching. " I'm suppose to meet with him in the conference room upstairs at 9:30, to be honest he scares me. He has this look in his eyes, kind of like the one you have right now."

" You should be scared." I say,ignoring her last statement. " He's a very dangerous man that more than likely, has eyes on us right now."

" Then why are you here?"

" Because i want him to see me. Why are YOU here?":

" Because i love Laurent. If i can do anything to help him out of this mess, i will."

" Even if it means risking your own life? The moment you were spotted talking to me, you became a target."

" Have you ever been in love Nicole? Have you ever looked someone in the eye and knew from that moment on, every breath you took you'd breath only for them?"

The look in her eyes was so sad and desperate that i started to feel sorry for her. I knew that feeling too well. It was the same need that i had to earn my fathers love. To do whatever it took to win his acceptance. But it never lasted long, it was always on to the next until i was finally left for dead.

" Real love is when you love someone so much that even if you have to step aside and let them be happy with someone else, you are willing to do that. I'm here for Laurent, but it is very obvious from the last time we spoke that he is here for you."

" Jessica, i am not here for anyone or anything other than taking my life back. Laurent is helping me with that, so i guess that means you're helping me too. You are going to have to trust me and do exactly as i tell you if any of us is to make it out of here alive."

" Be good to him Nicole, he deserves it and whether you realize it or not, so do you. It's almost 9:30, i have to go." Before she starts to walk away, i grab her arm. " There is no room for emotion, if we're going to get through this, you have to be a beast!" We stand there staring at each other and then she smiles.

" Interesting choice of words." She walks away.....