The Concert of a Lifetime

5:00, time to prepare for the concert.

This was a one time only world tour. The record labels and the bands had decided that they needed to give their dedicated fans a concert to remember. The emo quartet had agreed to tour together. This was literally the BEST NIGHT OF YOUR LIFE!!! 

"Y/N!," your mother called from downstairs, "You're going to be late for the concert!!" 

"Be right there!" You called

You quickly slipped on your Danger Days shirt with a Fall Out Boy sweatshirt over it. Bolting downstairs, you grabbed your Blurryface beanie and your Panic! At the disco bracelet you left on the counter the night before. Yup, you were all set for this concert.

"Don't forget water, sweetie," your mom said, "I know how hot it can get in the pit" 

While filling up your water bottle you texted your friend Nina who was also lucky enough to go to the concert. -Meet me at the train stop at 5:45?- you texted. She answered with a simple -Yup-

"Bye mom, be back at around 11," you called. What you didn't know, was that it was going to be a lot later than that.

*****************************************************************************************You walked quickly through the cool, fall air. You checked the time. 5:30 pm, it read. You still had 15 minutes to get to the train. On your way, you started humming to a bunch of songs, including Disenchanted, Ode to Sleep, Emperor's New Clothes, and What a Catch, Donnie. Eventually you arrived at the stop. You saw Nina sitting on a red bench on the side.

"Hey" you said.

"Hi, Y/N" she replied

"You excited?" You ask.

"Ya," she replies, "I really hope TOP does Slowtown"

"I was hoping for Heavydirtysoul" 

"I HOPE ALL THE SONGS" 

"Nina, this is already a dream come true. Let's not drift off into wonderland just yet."

You two waited about 10 more minutes for the train to come. As you boarded, you saw that the train was packed. All the seats were full, and you had to find a little area of space where you and NinA could stand.

"I wonder why it's so packed." You say

"Obviously not for our concert," replies NinA

"Society doesn't care for our music."

"Society isn't meant to care for our music, that's what makes emo unique "

"You're not as emo as me, NinA"

"I can still try to see from your perspective"

"Why and how are you so nice?"

"Idk. Why are you so evil" 

"Hey!"😢 "Stereotyping Emo's" you murmur.

"Next stop, Stadium station," you hear the automated train lady say. You and NinA step in front of the door. As you walk out, you see Wells Fargo Center. :Home of the Philadelphia Flyers: reads the sign. On normal days, yes, that would be true, but tonight was different. Tonight, this was the home of all the emotional, home of the killjoys, the sinners, the youngbloods, and the Skelton clique. Tonight was a night where you could finally be yourself, and truly tell the world that you're not okay. Tonight, you would be home.