19.

Nineteen.

I walked up to his front door, not knowing what I was going to do or say.

The drive over seemed like it didn't take any time at all.

I paced back and fourth multiple times before knocking on the door.

Almost immediately, Liam opened the door.

He still didn't have a shirt on, and he looked tired.

When he saw me, his face lit up.

"Brooke!" he screamed!

I walked inside, engulfing him in a hug.

He understood me. Even though it wasn't all the time, now he seemed to understand. I just needed a friend.

Not a boyfriend, but a friend.

I eventually pulled away, and we sat on the couch.

"Liam," I started.

"Wait!" he interrupted. "Before you say anything, I want you to know that I'll still be here for you no matter what. Even if things don't work out between us in that way, I'll always be your best friend. Okay, go ahead."

"Look, I love having you as my best friend, I really do. But right now isn't the best time to be dating in general. I just broke up with Jake, and I did care about him," I started. "I admit, I don't regret kissing you last night. But, I also feel guilty at the same time. Although Jake may be an ass, I still told him there was nothing going on between you and me. Then, right after we break up, I kiss you. I can't help but feel bad for breaking up with Jake and using you as a rebound, in some way."

"Rebound?" He exclaimed. "Brooke, I really care about you. I truly do. If time is what you need, then you take all the time in the world. I'll be here waiting for you."

"But see, that's not what I want! I don't want you to be waiting around for me until I'm ready."

"Brooke," he said, gazing into my eyes. "You're worth the wait."

I was so into the moment that I couldn't control myself.

I leaned forward and crashed my lips against his.

I expected him to kiss me back, but instead he pushed me back leaving me shocked.

"Brooke!" he yelled. "What are you doing? Here you are, giving me this speech about needing time, but then you kiss me? I'm getting mixed signals! What do you want? Once you figure it out, come back to me then," he said, walking up to his room.

I sat alone on his couch, confused.

He was the one saying how I was "worth the wait", but when I kiss him he gets mad at me?

I left his house, and went back to my own.

I needed to be alone.