23.

Twenty-Three.

"James?" I asked. "What are you doing here?"

I stepped out of line, but told the flight attendant I'd be right back.

"Brooke, you can't get on that plane," he pleaded. "Please, don't."

"How can you say that? We broke up! Plus, this is what I've wanted since I was a little girl. You can't stop me. Nobody can, for that matter."

"Brooke you can't do this."

"Hell yes I can. You don't control me and my decisions. Anyways, I'm perfectly happy with my boyfriend Liam. I love him. Even if I was single, you cheated on me with Veronica."

"Please, Brooke. I'm so sorry I cheated on you. I want to be with you."

"Well it's a little late for that," I said, running on the plane. As I turned around, I saw James looking hopeless and defeated. I couldn't care less.

I pulled out my phone and saw a text from Liam.

Liam: Babe, are you okay? I saw that whole thing.

Me: Yeah I'm fine, he's just a jerk.

Liam: Okay, I love you.

Me: I love you too.

Liam: Text me when you land.

Me: Will do. X

I plugged in my headphones and listened to music the whole flight. It wasn't that long anyways.

When we landed, I texted Liam, then grabbed a cab to Yale.

Finally, my life was changing for the better.

I got to my dorm, and started to unpack my stuff. I had probably 5 different suitcases, but I needed it, right?

I was so happy to be on my own. To start college.