Chapter 1 - Wedding Day

Katherine's POV

I stared at my reflection in the mirror , taking into my appearance, my makeup was literally perfection.

My top and bottom lash lines have a light pink champagne shadow , giving it a lighter, yet a dramatic look. A peach blush applied onto the apple of my cheeks with a dusty rose lipstick over my pout.

My cascading loose brown curls were falling over my shoulders with just few strands pulled up. Even the dress, the white  floor sweeping dress , it is breathtaking.

My wedding dress..

But why with all the makeup, the hairstyle , even with the dress i still can't see myself beautiful.

It is like i can see my pale cheeks under the layers of makeup , and my broken soul under the white dress, that i can see the unshed tears in my eyes.

This is not how i planned this day , this is not how i imagined it to be.

It was supposed to be one of the best days in my life..

I was supposed to be excited and happy, to count the seconds and minutes just to go out and say the two words phrase 'I Do' to a man i truly love.

A man who loves me back to the same extent and even more.

My mother would help me put on the dress , and take care that I won't ruin my perfectly done makeup , my big brother would come and tease me but then would just hug me and tell me how beautiful i look.

My dad would be waiting by that door , waiting to walk me down the aisle.

This is how i always imagined it to be, not like now , waiting alone by myself, my tears threatening to fall any moment now , a man who loathes and despise me is waiting outside , people i know non of them are seated waiting the so called happy couple to get married.

A tear escaped from my eye without my permission, I directly wiped it away not wanting to ruin my look.

I directly closed my eyes for a brief second when all these thoughts blurred my vision as my mind took me back to a place I don't want to be.

Many images and noises roamed inside my head making my heart beats accelerate.

*Flashbacks*

"Mike leave your sister alone." My dad said to my brother with an irritated tone as he glared at him from the review mirror.

I stick my tongue out giving him a victory smirk, then turned my head away trying ignoring him.

"What is with the grumpy mood from the morning ?" Mike asked again glaring at me.

I ignored him again for the nth time and looked out of the window watching the buildings pass by us.

It was mom's turn to shut him up this time , "Sweety just leave Katherine alone now. "

I came crying from school today , mom knows how sensitive i am about these stuffs so she didn't ask further ,to that i am so grateful. But the stupid shit i call a brother wants to know what happened and i just don't feel like talking about it.. I don't want to cry again.. I am sick of crying.