Chapter 26 - Complications

[NOT EDITED]

Katherine's POV

"We need you to come with us."

Cara gasped , "What ?" She asked her eyes widened.

"W-what happened ?" She asked again , her voice low and tears started forming in her eyes. Fear and panic rolled over her words making my chest tighten even more.

Ashton looked at me first then he looked back at her , "He got shot.", his words made her eyes widen even more ,her hand went and covered her mouth and in the moment the first tear escaped her eye.

My heart twisted in my chest knowing exactly how she is feeling right now.

Not wasting a second, i directly stepped toward her , throwing my arms around her , i hugged her tight.

Her body stiffened, more tears fell from her eyes , "Is h-he okay ?" She asked , her voice shaking , she is probably afraid to hear the answer to that question.

"We don't know yet." I said , my voice weak and muffled with my tears.

I shouldn't cry.

I have to be strong. I have to be strong for her.

I pulled away , my hand went and tried to wipe the tears on her cheek , "Let's go to the hospital now."

She nodded as more tears fell from her eyes , and i tried to not cry more , i tried to be positive , "He is going to be okay." I said even though i , myself , didn't believe in those words.

We went to the hospital after , i sat in the backseat with Cara , my heart aching whenever i look at her face , at the fear in her eyes.

Please Alex, be okay. We need you.

Please.

Cara placed her head on my shoulder and sobbed silently, I placed my arm around her giving her a side hug hoping maybe it will sooth her pain.

"How...how did this happen ?" She asked , the first words she muttered since we entered the car.

I swallowed hard , "Caleb." Was all i said.

Ashton looked at me from the rear-view mirror , his jaw ticked , his hand tightened over the steering wheel at the mention of his name.

Cara immediately pulled away , she looked at me with wide eyes , "C-caleb ?!" She asked , her tone showing her shock and confusion.

I nodded , the tears forming again in my eyes as i recalled everything happened few hours ago, as the image of Alex laying on the ground crossed my mind, how his shirt was covered with blood , how his face was so pale and his eyes looked almost lifeless , how his hand went slack , how maybe he .. he stopped breathing.

How there is a big possibility that he is not going to be fine.

When the car stopped , i was pulled out of my thoughts. I wiped my tears as i saw Cara rushing out of the car.

I immediately went down following her and Ashton probably following behind.

When i saw William still sitting there in the same place , his head in his hands , i knew that Alex is still in the operation room.

He probably heard our footsteps because he directly lifted his head and when he saw us he stood up.

"Did anything happen ?" Ashton was the first to ask, William just shook his head , "He is still inside." He said with a tired tone , "They're taking so long."