Chapter 33 - I am not ready

Katherine's POV

One week Later..

One week has passed since i was discharged from the hospital.. And things have really changed.

Ashton has changed.

We barely talk. He is always busy , always at work.

He would go before i wake up and sometimes comes after i sleep.

Good morning, good nights , are the only words we exchange.

I know he is hurting , i know he is angry, i know he is mad. But i am hurting too, his actions hurt, ignoring me hurts.

And i am sick of this.

I want nothing but spend sometime with him. It's all i am asking for.

Is it too much ?

Normally , people when they know they're about to die , they go and do everything they ever dreamt of doing, they go and visit places their eyes begged them to see.

But me , I don't want all this, I don't want to go anywhere. I just want him, i want us to sit and have a normal conversation, i want us to watch a movie, to go shopping for our baby , i want to stare as much as i can at his blue eyes , the eyes that held my heart captive.

I want to see his smile and hear his sweet laugh, the laugh that alone can take my breath away.

I just want to be in his embrace , that alone is better than any other place.

Yesterday, i didn't sleep till he came back , i wanted to talk and clear things out . But he just told me i am tired , we can talk another day.

Even his mother , he is not paying much attention to her. She came back from Australia and he barely sees her.

Alex told me that he is always in the office or either with Mark.

So today I made my mind. He is not coming home so i am going to his office and this time we're going to talk.

We can't keep ignoring the subject. Time is ticking by and not much is left.

I went out the car and made my way inside. Passing by his assistant desk , i gave her a smile , "Is Ashton inside ?" I asked to make sure.

She smiled and nodded , "But he is busy now , i think you should wait for a while."

He is busy. Same f*cking excuse.

I am not listening to this bullsh*t anymore. I directly turned around and walked toward his office.

She said something as i walked but I couldn't comprehend it, anger started to take over me.

When i was one inch away from the door , someone opened it from inside and i don't know how it happened but i crashed into him and stumbled a bit before his hand wrapped around my waist saving me from embarrassing myself. "Woah there."

He said , his voice wasn't familiar to my ears , so I directly lifted my eyes up to meet a blonde guy i've never seen before.

Realizing the fact we're so close, i was about to step away when i heard Alex calling my name , his tone somehow confused, "Katherine."

I turned my head and saw that Alex , Ashton and a young lady --who weirdly enough looks exactly like this man - are also walking out of the office.

Ashton's eyebrows furrowed at the sight of me , his gaze then traveled to the man's hand over my waist. I directly came back to my sense and stepped away.